SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tell me what stands out about the Sig 2022
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me what stands out about the Sig 2022 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
... I hate to say it but, looking back, it appears Sig does this from time to time. Put something out that may be great and then not support it properly. ...

SIG came close to killing off the SigPro series.

The original SP2009/SP2340 models used the HK pricing approach and cost nearly as much as Classic P-Series SIGs; sales were predictably very slow. After a few years, the SigPro line was actually discontinued in the US. The French saw the value in the line and bought a quarter million of the pistols. Overruns from the French contract were brought to the US and blown out at fire-sale prices that were too good to ignore. The SP2022 started gaining popularity as a pistol that was too inexpensive to pass up, but soon established itself as a high-quality firearm that was too good to pass up. The SP2022 was restored to the US product line. Notwithstanding increasing popularity, SIG has never tried to increase the pistol's appeal by creating accessories. Some of the original SigPro accessories, like a large grip and DAO trigger unit, have even been discontinued. SIG has not even bothered to do something as simple as offering flat magazine base plates, which were previously available in Europe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gc70,

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
When I was first looking into Sig Sauer, I checked out the Sig Pro SP2009 (precursor to the SP2022). Every gunshop commando had horrible things to say about the pistol. I ended up with a P229 instead.

As I looked into it more, everyone badmouthing it had zero experience with it.

Years later, I read some positive Sig Pro reviews on Sigforum that were written by people with actual experience with the firearm. I decided to give it a shot.

The SP2022 is seemingly the best fitting Sig for my hands. The controls are in perfect position for me, with exception to the Slide Release. For whatever reason, my thumb always seems to rest on the slide release resulting in the slide falling forward on an empty chamber. It’s something that I have to be cognizant of when I shoot it.

All in all, it’s a great pistol. As others have mentioned, it has a good da/sa trigger and excellent accuracy. I’m very happy with mine.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything. I got it for $350 shipped to my FFL.

I have large hands for a woman, and I use the grip panel that came installed - the medium, I think. My husband, who has huge hands, doesn’t say anything about the grip being small.

Accurate, absolutely problem-free, really nice trigger even for the initial DA pull. I enjoy shooting it just as much as my P226.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sig sold a bunch of them to the French.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I wish Sig would turn a bunch loose with the Swiss frame again. I would like to have another.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I've had a SIG Pro 2022 for a long time the trigger is one of my favorites of SIG DA/SA and the accuracy is great. Not to mention the price of mine was under 400 new and I think they still go for that. I have basically every 9mm SIG there is outside the 320/365(P6, P220 9mm EU, P225, P228, P226, P250, P290RS) and I still feel like that my SIG PRO is probably my favorite range gun of them all, and most of my others are all german/w german so I basically just safe queen the rest of them

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
What stands out to me is that despite being universally praised for at least 15 years (I include 2340/2009 they still fly under the radar.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
What stands out to me is that despite being universally praised for at least 15 years (I include 2340/2009 they still fly under the radar.

I wondered that too and it could be almost no LE Agency in this country has adopted it. I think Richmond, VA did in 357Sig at one time, but that's the only one I know of. Consumers often buy what the police buy. Why the police don't adopt a Sig with a good trigger, load chamber indicator, and harder steel rails the cycles on is beyond me. Plus cheaper.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think at one time Baltimore County carried it (maybe 10-15) years ago.

Excellent pistol. At one time I owned 5 examples, from the SP2009/SP2340 to the SP2022 in both calibers. I still keep one early SP2022 9mm in the collection.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I love the slide release of this gun. One of the easiest to use in the Sig line.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831351609

No affiliation just posting a find.

Here’s one with 3 mags. No bids and no reserve. Starting bid 300. Several on gunbroker in the 300-400 range starting bid with no bids. Most have one mag.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure links to that website are Anathema on this forum. Just looking out for ya.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Consider it a polymer P226, at half the price Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Consider it a polymer P226, at half the price Wink

that is pretty much it for me. 1/3 the price if you buy used!!! that's why it is popular!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I had a P220 that I thought had a great trigger. Then I picked up a P229 that I got a trigger job done on, and it was noticeably better than that. I shot it a lot and did a lot of dry fire practice and got very used to how it felt.

I handled a new SP2022 at a shop in that time frame and asked to try the trigger. It was immediately, and obviously better than the P229 I had gotten worked over. I was stunned.

Shortly after that, I made the switch to 9mm from .40 and .45 for carry and very, very seriously considered the SP2022 as my new platform. In the end, renting and shooting a few nicely worn-in Glocks in 9mm won me over, but I still am tempted to pick up an SP2022 at some point. They feel great in the hand, they've got an amazing trigger for a production gun, and of the many guns I've wanted over the years, it's one I keep getting tempted by. I figure I ought to do so before they start climbing in price. We'll see.

I was very sorely tempted to pick up a nearly new one with a half dozen mags and a few holsters for $300 a few months ago that was listed on a local board. One of our local SF members alleviated the pressure to decide by snagging and bragging here before I could sleep on it. Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of the older (9mm), triple S/N so thinking it was assembled in Germany. Wonder why it never made any in roads on Glock back in the day? Shame SIG never put much else into it so it fell behind, but still hanging around today.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Wonder why it never made any in roads on Glock back in the day?

Honestly, I don't think they're direct competitors for a few big reasons. DA/SA vs. striker fired and a comparatively high bore axis. They've both got polymer frames, and that's about where the similarities end, for me. Glock wins hands down on aftermarket and holsters, and magazines. The SP2022 is a great gun, but it is what it is. I could have a G26 and carry anything from ten round backups to 15, 17, and 33 rounds as an option. Add in the +2 baseplates, and if you wanted a few different sizes of the same platform that all use the same mags and holsters, there's no comparison. Those were the reasons that led me to go with Glock over the SP2022 without shooting the SIG.

quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Shame SIG never put much else into it so it fell behind, but still hanging around today.

Yep, even when the first Sig PROs came out, they seemed to kind of treat it like the red-headed stepchild of their line. In that same time frame, it seemed like they were heavily pumping the P250 line, which turned into a bit of a dud. Gotta wonder what would have happened if they had put their marketing strength behind the PRO line instead.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yup ^^^^^^

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uses Springfield xd holsters pretty well

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
You guys have taken me down a firearm rabbit hole I didn’t know existed. I’ve yet to shoot the 2022 but the following is impressive AND I’ll always wonder what might have been, had Sig put more effort into marketing the pistol.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post