SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon HD XR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon HD XR Login/Join 
Picture of nathab2
posted
My front sight is dimming and I've been looking around for a replacement - really like the idea of the narrower HD XRs. Wondering if anyone has any practical experience with them, good or bad impressions, etc?

Is there anyplace one could purchase the front sight only? Seems like I've only been able to find them as a front/rear set.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 897 | Location: OR, USA | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Do you currently have HD sights? The HD sights are taller than usual, so a HD XR front won't be the correct height for most other brands/types of rear sights.

If you don't already have them, you'll need to buy the matching front/rear set.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nathab2
posted Hide Post
No I don't, I have a Warren rear. That's a great tip about the sight height, thank you!

Posts: 897 | Location: OR, USA | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The HD sights are designed as a set with a wide rear u-notch. The XR are narrower, whereas the standard HD mostly fills the u-notch.

The rear sight has a shelf feature as the forward edge, for racking the slide off the sight, if one is willing. The rear sight is also sharp on the trailing edge.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have a set on order.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LtsAv8
posted Hide Post
jljones,

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the HD XR's in use.

I have Trijicon HD's on my P2000SK that I use as my EDC. These work well for me, but I am in the process of transitioning to a P320 Carry for my EDC and am looking to replace the sights to keep the familiar picture.

P220R3, SP2022 (9MM), P2000SK (9MM), P320 Carry (9MM), G17 Gen 5, G19 Gen 5

Posts: 148 | Location: The Metoplex, TX | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nathab2:
My front sight is dimming and I've been looking around for a replacement - really like the idea of the narrower HD XRs. Wondering if anyone has any practical experience with them, good or bad impressions, etc?

Is there anyplace one could purchase the front sight only? Seems like I've only been able to find them as a front/rear set.

Thanks in advance!

I had a set on a G19 I had. They work just like the standard HD's up close, they are easy and quick to acquire. The thinner front sight allows for a bit better precision, for close and long distance shots. I really liked them, and when I need to pick up more HD's I will likely go with the XR series.

Here is a comparison shots against the standard HD's front sight

Sight picture with the XR's

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post