SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ordered some Peltor Comtac III's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered some Peltor Comtac III's Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
After eyeballing these and Sordins for months, I finally decided on some. What legit info there is online basically told me it was a toss up between the two. Positives here, a negative there, pretty much balanced out. Peltor's warranty was my main deciding factor. I'm no operator, but can and do appreciate excellent hearing protection. I already have some hearing loss in my right ear and do not want it getting worse. Anybody else have a pair?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at the Sport Tac 300s maybe 500s but I don't really need bluetooth in my range muffs do I??

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure... I'm an FFL and all of Peltors models are not typically in stock. I could have certainly gotten by with a lesser pair, but went with what was in stock and had the best NRR. They have been back ordered for soooo long. Link> a different vendor, but same part number. http://www.envirosafetyproduct...-defender-black.html

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a pair of Sordins, I couldn't be happier and I regret not buying them a long time ago. In the past it was very uncomfortable shooting my AR and now I have no issues. I got them with the gel inserts and they make a significant difference

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I recently purchased a pair of Sordins, I couldn't be happier and I regret not buying them a long time ago. In the past it was very uncomfortable shooting my AR and now I have no issues. I got them with the gel inserts and they make a significant difference

I don't doubt it, I would expect Sordins and regular elec. ear pro to be like night and day. I had a helluva time choosing between the Sordins and Peltor, I'm quite certain there's no bad choice.