SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P224 slide lock lever in p226 problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P224 slide lock lever in p226 problem Login/Join 
posted
I finally received my 224/legion slide catch lever from sig to install in my 226. Installation was a breeze and I found a good link to follow with instructions to do so.

My problem is that the slide always locks back. With an empty mag the lock back is very positive and works well. The problem is even with no magazine in the gun it still locks back. And I also tried it with a mag loaded with a few snap caps, when I try to slingshot the slide it will not go past the slide catch. It just stops. I have to use my thumb to press down on the release in order to get the slide to go forward.

I understand that a new release, especially the smaller 224 release, takes more effort to manipulate with your thumb, until it gets broken in, that isn't the issue, it just won't go forward not matter what unless my thumb is pressing down rather hard on the release.

The slide release spring is above the slide release lever like it is supposed to be.

Do I just need to keep working it in, the other thing I was thinking is maybe my tacops magwell grips are in the way, because they are notched out for the standard release and the 224 release seems to be a little more forward on the grip.

Posts: 13 | Registered: February 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried going this route with my boys' Mk25s and my Elite Dark. The problem I ran into was the clearance with the stock grips. The cutout for the lever for both models is set up for the standard shaped one, not the reduced size one of the Legion/P224 - which I really like on my Legion. Because there is minimal clearance for the reduced lever, I had the issues you seem to be having. The only way to get around that is to shave the left grip panel in that area to create more clearance for the new lever tab, then it should release the slide without you having to press down.

I opted to go back to stock till I could get some dedicated grip panels. It's an excuse to upgrade to nice Hogue G10s.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
R

Thanks Roblew, you're exactly right. I actually decided to shave a little off my grip panel. I just came back on to report what solved the issue and saw your post. I decided to shave the stock magwell grips because they are cheap to replace and I'd like to replace them with the hogue magwell grips down the road anyway.

posted Hide Post
quote:
R

Thanks Roblew, you're exactly right. I actually decided to shave a little off my grip panel. I just came back on to report what solved the issue and saw your post. I decided to shave the stock magwell grips because they are cheap to replace and I'd like to replace them with the hogue magwell grips down the road anyway.