Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LaserLyte Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted

I am new to IDPA and needed a way to train at home: drawing, point shooting, moving, weak hand, sitting, lying, turn and draw and shoot from the hip, etc. Some shooting skills just cannot be practiced at a public range. I ordered this laser training bullet for my P226 DA/SA and am very happy with it so far. Using DA I can practice shooting rapidly. I love training that gives me instant feedback.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Range Report:
Went to the local indoor range today to try out my new skill set. Warmed up with the LaserLyte; couldn't miss. Loaded up 3 mags aaaaaand missed. Missed again and again. Seems pointing the 226 and snapping the laser does not make me a point & shoot marksman. I did shoot better on the 2nd 100 rounds, though. Looks like lots of reloading and practice ahead.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why shoot from the hip, and why point shooting?

Use the laserlyte in conjunction with presentations using sights.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Why shoot from the hip, and why point shooting?

Use the laserlyte in conjunction with presentations using sights.

Practicing IDPA. IDPA combines speed and accuracy. If I use the sights, I'm an adequate shot, but slow.

Please understand that the LaserLyte ONLY lights (1/10 second) when struck by the firing pin. It is not a sight adjustment tool or a laser aiming accessory.

We had a "turn around while drawing and 3 shots from the hip" scenario last time. I had never done that before.