SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Subcompact REAL Specifications
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Subcompact REAL Specifications Login/Join 
posted
I've been looking into getting a subcompact pistol for CCW as all my current pistols are compact/carry size. During my recent research, I noticed an interesting listing on the P320 subcompact specs. I've got a P320C and the table in the owners manual shows the subcompact at 1.06"width. This width would make this a high contender since I already have the P320C. The SIG website shows the P320 subcompact at 1.3"width. Anyone know of this discrepancy and which is accurate. Width is a big factor in what subcompact I select. Thanks for anyone with information on this.

Posts: 68 | Location: Great State of Jefferson (Nor CA) | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The P320 Subcompact is the same width as the other P320s. It just has a slightly shorter grip and muzzle.

Honestly, it's really rather chunky for a "subcompact". You're likely better off looking elsewhere, especially if you're wanting a subcompact for deep concealment or pocket carry.

For example, Sig just released the new P365, which is a much smaller subcompact whose capacity is nearly the same as the P320sc.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue. It sounds like its 1.3" like the compact I have and that is chunky. That 1.06" width thats shown in the owners manuals is about the same as the P365. I think I'm gonna look elsewhere for my next subcompact. Unfortunately the P365 isn't on our Kaliforniastan approved list.

Posts: 68 | Location: Great State of Jefferson (Nor CA) | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320SC:
1.1" @ Grip
1.2" @ Takedown Lever
1.24 @ New Style Ambi Slide Release
1.33 @ Old Style Ambi Slide Release
Holds 13rds

Keltec PF9:
.87" @ hurts like hell to shoot for more than 10rds grip
.98" @ Slide Release
Holds 8rds

IMO I like the added width except for pocket carry.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post