SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mec-Gar 14rnd magazines and P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mec-Gar 14rnd magazines and P229 Login/Join 
posted
Looking to see if anyone has any input on the 14rnd .40s&w/.357sig magazines for the P229. I carry my P229 for concealed carry, and was thinking about switching my back up mags for the 14 rounders. Before I spend any money, I would like to hear if anyone has any experience or problems with them.

Posts: 25 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the P229, but Mec-Gar makes mags for many of the manufacturers. I once ordered mags for my CZ75Bs direct from CZ USA. When they arrived, they were in Mec-Gar packaging.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep the 14 rounders in my wife's nightstand pistol. I used them in some 3 gun to test them beforehand. They're Mec-Gar...good to go.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Those 14 round magazines were developed and have been shipping with SIGs for more then a decade now.

I must have 12 of them. Each of the P226/P229 SCTs shipped from SIG with 4 of them

Like most all SIG/MecGar magazines they have been perfect over the years.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I use them. Never had an issue, Work good enough Wink

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No issues in my old P229 357 with the 14 rounders.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striving for Mediocrity
Picture of operator81
posted Hide Post
Work great.

3-7-77

Posts: 1213 | Registered: November 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sousana
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar are OEM for many manufacturers.

לפעמים אדם עונה גורלו על הכביש הוא לקח כדי למנוע אותו

Posts: 35 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 40/357 15 rounders for my 226. Very similar mags. Load great and function fine. They are as smooth as my main 12 round mags that have the shiny blueing finish. Mec gars are great. I carry the 15 rounder sometimes if I carry my 226 and just want to carry one spare mag in a pocket.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ran one today in my old P229 and as has been said... flawless.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post