SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 question Login/Join 
posted
At a local store today I noticed that the FDE 2022 they had in the case had a black grip panel instead of the FDE one. Is this something new for the 2022?

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Just mix and match parts.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
On FDEs I saw, they often had a FDE grip installed but the extra sizes were black.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a semi-related note, I've heard that 2022's can be seen in both Gen 1 and Gen 2. What's the difference?

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If I had to guess I'd say the "generations" are like this: the first Sp2022's had frames made in Germany and slides n NH (although some were completely German). These have a more rounded rail. The later ones are completely made in NH. These have a more squared off rail. I prefer the early German framed 2022's because I hate the LCI in the NH ones.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few variations.

There was the "American" model, typically Nitron finish, then the "German Ilaflon" with SN on frame, barrel and slide. Then another run that were Ilaflon but only SN on the frame.
(All refered to as Gen I and the SN plate was an oval under the frame.

Also, DAO was available on a few.

Then the "Gen II" made in Exeter and have the long rectangle SN plate.

There is also a difference in some of the rails the latter with Picatinny rail, some (French, IIRC) had a dovetail rail.

Those are the biggest differences, but there are several.

I think there are about five different iterations of the SP2022.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looked at two different ones (NIB) at the local Cal-Ranch today. Both had the black backstraps installed but no other ones in the case. Older stock maybe?