SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock OEM Tac Light vs Streamlight 692602 TLR-1 HL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock OEM Tac Light vs Streamlight 692602 TLR-1 HL Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
Which one do you prefer and why???

Glocek OEM Tac Light or Streamlight 692602 TLR-1 HL.

Also what holsters fit the Glock OEM Tack Light?

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock light sucks. Anemic, weird shaped, and plastic. The Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-1 HL, TLR-7A and Surefire X300U are far and away better lights.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
The streamlight is LED. Much more reliable than the glock light.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Of all the options I’m aware of, I’d put the Glock light last. I’d put it behind the original M3 light from insight. I am not a fan of the Glock light. At all.

The new TLR7A is awesome. Super compact. Plenty bright. Controls that make sense and can be easily reached. I love the things and have one on my duty weapon and another on my nightstand gun.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
No comparing, go Streamlight.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Well you talked me into it, I picked up a Streamlight 692602 TLR-1 HL

And my Bravo Company light bearing holster should arrive next week.

I have a class that requires both, so it was time...

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Did Glock update their OEM light? It wasn’t horrible when it came out MANY years ago but if they haven’t updated it the Streamlight is LIGHT YEARS better.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Last I checked (years upon years) Glock was still doing xenon/halogen? bulb in their WMLs?

They haven't made them in years I thought.

It would fit M3/TLR holsters just fine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You can buy LED upgrades for the Glock light which makes them acceptable.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You just can’t beat a streamlight for quality and price, I had a couple sure fires in the army that both quit pretty early on, got a streamlight and it lasted me a lot longer and I still use it regularly 8 years later. Plus it was cheaper. These weren’t pistol mounted lights, but I still think it proves something.
I have a TLR1-s and a TLR-7 that I like a lot. Also take a look at olight. I’ve heard good things about them too but haven’t had one yet

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a streamlight TLR-1 on my duty gun. I work night shift, so it gets used pretty frequently. It has been on the gun for thousands of rounds fired, has been beat on, rolled on the ground, rained on, frozen, completely submerged in swamps...and it still works. Every freaking time. I know Surefires cost more and are purported to be higher quality, but I don't see how I could be happier with one than I am with my TLR-1.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post