SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Odd looking barrel feed ramp. Ever seen something like this on your SIGs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd looking barrel feed ramp. Ever seen something like this on your SIGs? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Wonder why they chose to construct it like this. Confused

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I never noticed, but my X-Five Level 1 barrel ramp looks exactly the same. Maybe that's the "secret sauce". Smile

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I never noticed, but my X-Five Level 1 barrel ramp looks exactly the same.

Yep, all the X-guns I've had/have are like that. All the non-X-guns have the typical symmetrical profile.

And, I never noticed this, either, until this latest one. That shows you how observant I am. Went back and checked what I still have, and pics of the ones that are gone, and sure enough, they are all the same.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Could be extra clearance for the extractor and related machining? Idunno. Then there is the extra hole in the right side of the slide? Confused

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then there is the extra hole in the right side of the slide?

If you mean the "mystery hole", we know what that is. It is there to machine the pivot for the internal extractor.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Does the nose of a cartridge somehow tend to get knocked to the left when it's shoved out of the feed lips?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post