SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P-O1 Compact guys.... question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P-O1 Compact guys.... question Login/Join 
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Thats GORGEOUS cslinger !

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Get a regular P01 alloy frame, non Omega. Then go the range and enjoy one of the best shooting pistols ever made.

Then order some LOK palm swell grips if you don't love the stock rubber.

I was about to get a set for mine.

I have a set of blue Cool Hand grips on mine, no palm swell and run a mecgar flush fit magazine (steel thin base pad) and it is AMAZING how small this pistol feels, yet you still have fighting sized pistol so to speak. Really a great do it all gun.

I had her out to the range yesterday and it was a pleasure. I really like CZs decocker location / design on the non omega guns.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I have a PCR I purchased a few months ago, and I ended up putting LOK Shadow 2 grips on it. They are a palm swell grip, but do not have the raised portion at the top. It is a new cut for them to offer for the compacts, but they feel really nice. I tried the thin grips, the regulars but preferred the fuller feel for my XL hands.

The PCR is quite a nice gun, I had my gunsmith install the CGW parts and I have to say, it is really a magnificent action. 7.75lbs Double action, and a 3.75lbs single action, both very clean and smooth.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info guys. Going back to the LGS tomorrow. I ordered Cool Hand grips for it before I even pick the pistol up... lol. Got the grenade texture in blk/gry just like these.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Guys, thought I'd bring this back up as I have more questions..... I've looked at 3 P01's of very recent production and noticed:

1.They no longer have the NSN# laser engraved as seen in the 1st pic below (white lettering flush with surface), they are now cast into the frame like the 2nd pic below.
2. Looks like no European proof marks on the P01's anymore, does anyone know when this started ?
3.Are P01's being made in the USA now ?

Thanks,
fz

Here is the last one I saw in my LGS with the cast in NSN#:

No proof marks:

posted Hide Post
Sorry, don't know the answer to your question. But that engraved version is also beautiful. Go for it!

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that CZ changed something minor (think I remember a spring) and so it was "not" the pistol NATO certified with an MSN number any longer.

Don't bet money on this, but I did read it somewhere ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-...ck-alloy-14-rd-mags/

Mentions the change for the NSN.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P-01 the first year that they were available here. One of my favorite things about it was the location and feel of the decocking lever. Like most stock CZs the d/a trigger was gritty, long and heavy. The s/a trigger was pretty good though and it was very accurate. I wish I hadn't sold it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post