SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First Time Out W/Bar-Sto Conversion 9mm Barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Time Out W/Bar-Sto Conversion 9mm Barrel Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
My original configuration with this P226 was in 357Sig. I've since obtained a 40S&W barrel and most recently a 9mm conversion barrel.
My first time out with the 9mm barrel was this morning and it was very rewarding and at some times amusing.
Of my first ten shots, two ejected cases landed in my shirt pocket and the rest landed either on my boonie or on my shoulders. The pistol however shot right to point of aim.
This same scenario pretty much repeated itself for the next 70 or 80 rounds. After about 100 rounds the ejected brass started to fall two or three feet away with just the occasional one falling into my pocket.
Maybe I'll invest in a lighter recoil spring for 9mm shooting or maybe it's just a break-in thing.
The conversion barrel does live up to the hype I've read. Very accurate.
Thanks to all here that have shared their experiences as they have guided my decisions as I continue to learn about and enjoy these fine pistols.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Bar-Sto is my conversion barrel of choice. At one time I had 9mm barrels for my .40 cal P226, P229, and my Sig Pro 2340.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 226 strated out as a .22 clssic. With Sig's 9MM and .357 sig conversions...its a potent centerfire gun. In 9mm, it;s a real joy to shoot. In .357 sig, it;s a very potent home defesne gun. But shooting .357 sig is pricey, and for me, it handles 9MM better in my hands. My .357 reloads have been fine, and tamer than HD Ammo. But you can't beat 9mm prices and how the 226 handles them.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Been a fan of Bar-Sto since the early 70's. Sent them a .45 Commander to get fitted with one of their Match barrels. I got back a near "Match grade" carry gun, that shot several loads so well it was just surprising.

I am on the look out for them at shows, etc all the time.

Have an X-5 that came as a forty, set up with Sar-Sto barrels in .357 sig as well as 9mm. SO sweet to shoot with any of them.

Yes. Another Bar-Sto fanboy.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a NIB Bar-Sto conversion 9mm barrel as well. I’ve never used it but threads like this make want to try it out.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bar-sto 9mm conversion barrel for my Novak BHP has functioned reliably for years; match accurate too. Would do it again if I came across another BHP 40 at a good price.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barsto is hit or miss. Their barrels either work well, or are nothing but problems and they won't take your calls, or will berate and insult you if they do.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post