SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What mods have you made to your G45 or gen 5s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What mods have you made to your G45 or gen 5s Login/Join 
posted
My G45 fits my hand great now. I did a bit of Dremeling to the front strap/trigger guard connection. Fits my hand much better and the base joint of my thumb does not hurt as much when the pistol is gripped. Did not take off much material and it’s hardly noticeable.

Any one else make any mods?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My Gen 5 G19 has Ameriglo UC sights, a Grip Force beavertail adapter, and Pearce magazine floorplates to fill in the half-moon cutout.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OEM (-), extended slide stop & mag release, Ameriglo Agent Gen 4 night sights, grip plug, Talon Grips.

Ammo and magazines.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 45 has Ameriglo Agent gen4 night sights, Streamlight TLR-7 and a dozen Magpul Glock mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
AmeriGlo Spartan NS and extras mags. Knock on wood, but I really think this Glock is one I’ll never mess with. I don’t feel the grip or trigger can get any better.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
One particular Gen 5 started life as an MOS. I sold the slide with a Gen 5 frame, and kept the MOS frame and sent the Gen 5 slide to Brazen for a host of cuts, including for an RMR. It’ll be finished in Black Titanium Carbon Nitride with a TiN barrel. I’ve added a Gen 5 Overwatch Precision TAC trigger and AmeriGlo suppressor sights will sit on top once it comes in next week. Lastly, an extended slide release. I don’t know what else to do to it since the Gen 5’s for my hand so well and the MOS frame is sans cutout. Pretty stoked about this one. I’ve thought about having it laser stippled or send it to DCA but the texture is just fine the way it is.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My gen5, 19 has Talon grips, Ameriglo sights, Sprinco recoil system, Pearce grip plug, and Pearce mag base plates to cover the half moon cut at the bottom of the front strap. I also Dremeled the front strap and trigger guard joint to my comfort. Now it’s the best G19!
Oh, and an Apex trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fquico,

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I haven't really done anything to my 19x except remove the lanyard thingie. I don't intend to be "operating" over any deep water, where I could drop it & lose it forever, so I don't really see the need for it.

I have Ameriglo Hackathorns on my G19 & I-Dot Pros on a G17 & I like them much better than the ones on the 19x, so the sights will probably get upgraded at some point.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 G34 has Ameriglo Bold tritium sights with high visibility orange front. I chose those over fiber optics...probably for durability reasons more so than visibility, even though my eyes really suck now because of glaucoma. Hard to go from 20/15 to nothing but a blur in the span of 12 months. Anyway...

I'm astonished at the trigger quality on my Gen 5 G34, so I haven't touched it. However, I am going to perform a 25 cent trigger job in order to smooth it out even more. Parts will remain OEM.

I also plan to undercut the trigger guard a bit more when time allows, though it's probably not truly necessary.

An aside, Glock caught a LOT of flak, as well they should have, with the Gen 4 brass to the face issue and the weak slide finish; but, I've got to say, I think Glock listened to their customer base because by all accounts, the Gen 5's have been working well with far, far fewer issues than the Gen 4s had initially. Those that we have coming through our police academy in large numbers are working very, very well indeed.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 45 and will be adding night sights and an SCD ,aka "the gadget" to it.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post