SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning Challenger question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Challenger question Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted
Does anyone here knows about Browning Challengers made in Belgium in the early 60's. I want to ask a few question before I post it for sale. Few friends told me not to sell it because is a collectible, other are telling me the opposite.

I would like to sell it to help me fund a S&W Performance 1911, so approximately what should I ask for it?

I still have the original receipt, original manual, a spare part (Magazine Button Part # 5731) but no box.

If this is the wrong place on the forum please email me and I will delete it the entire content of this post.

I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT PARA UPSET AT ME
Big Grin

Thanks,

ea.aguilar@gmail.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aguilar64,

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I know a little, as in not a lot, but others may know more,

post up your questions, or maybe try the Browning section over on Rimfire central

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome little 22's, big brother to the Nomad with beautiful wooden grips and last round slide lock, same easily switched 4.5" and 6.75" barrels.
Get it.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These pistols, along with the similar Medalist and Nomad, were designed in 1961 by John Browning's grandson, Bruce, and appeared on dealers' shelves in 1962.

The design was based upon the Colt Woodsman, and modified to take advantage of modern manufacturing techniques.

These are very good guns and flawlessly finished.

They are not mechanically like the later Challenger II pistols.

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have your pistols twin. My father and uncle both bought Challengers new sometime in the early 70's. My uncle still has his and I have my dads.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I would recommend shopping the internet for one, then compare the condition, accessories, etc, and base your asking price on what you have found currently available.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Awesome little 22's, big brother to the Nomad with beautiful wooden grips and last round slide lock, same easily switched 4.5" and 6.75" barrels.
Get it.

He already has it. He wants to get rid of it.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Very highly regarded, very smooth, very nice trigger. The mag alone is worth $100+ FYI. And yes, I wouldn't sell it. They are a very nice example of quality Browning manufacture, nice bluing, excellent build quality. Keep it. Big Grin

Check gunbroker, check completed auctions. Do NOT compare to Challenger II or III.

I'd start at $650 and maybe take $600. GB completed listings have some between $400-$700. Yours looks really nice.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice specimen.

OEM magazines and parts are rare as hen's teeth and command premium prices.

There is nothing like it today. Nothing.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will need to sell the extra magazine separate to get all the money out of it. Start it on eBay for .99 and it should bring over $100. Pistol around $475-550.

I have the same with both barrels and shoot it better than my S&W 41 target pistol. It has a factory 2.25# no creep trigger. Beats ALL of the stuff offered new today until you get up to the high end target stuff over $1K. I would reevaluate future needs and just shoot the heck out of this one!

Posts: 30 | Registered: November 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post