SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LGS has HK Mark 23
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS has HK Mark 23 Login/Join 
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
You can carry it.

Just wear baggy clothes.

Exactly

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I want one. I will have it eventually, the HK45T helps keep me from going and buying one.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Mark 23 is threaded 16 x 10 right hand per US military.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M16x1 RH for the 23, M16x1 LH for the USP 45 Tactical/CT.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
LGS has HK Mark 23

If you want it, you'd better snag it before somebody else does.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot one a while back. Everything everyone says us 100% spot on, including how frickin youuuuuuuge it is! Accuracy actually went down from freakish to very good when I screwed on the three prong flash hider, which also doubles as a CQB weapon in it's own right. It usually referred to as the crew served pistol, and most of the military ones stayed in the arms rooms.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in FDE. It hasn’t been out of the safe in a decade.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have one as a range gun at our MWR range. It was probably purchased with deployment money and abandoned in an arms room.

It shoots great, is highly accurate and hasn't show any wear or malfunctioned in the several years I've worked the range. We have one shooter that loves to shoot it one handed at the 25 yard line and he tears out the X ring with it.

While the pistol is large, it is not uncomfortable.

If it's affordable to you, I'd buy it.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
It usually referred to as the crew served pistol, and most of the military ones stayed in the arms rooms.

"Crew served pistol" Big Grin

It is fascinating to me because it is a truly outstanding piece of military weaponry that performs its intended role perfectly. Yet, it was hardly ever used.

The problem with the MK23 wasn't the gun, but the "offensive pistol" role it was built for. SOCOM units have always had access to the best suppressed sub-guns which get used for 90% of CQB work. For the other 10% when space is really tight or you need a free hand, the P226/M1911 (now G19) works just fine.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
...most of the military ones stayed in the arms rooms.
My friends in units that had access to them said the same thing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post