SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LGS has HK Mark 23
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS has HK Mark 23 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have any experience with this piece? Seems wicked cool.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. What would you like to know. Big, heavy, accurate, rare(ish), and fun. Not good for much other than range fun IMO, but for HK love its nice.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as an aside...99 posts from dec 9 in 1999 seems like a go buy a lottery ticket of 9's in some odd sort of way...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Pictures!!!!!

Posts: 442 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We have a few members who own and shoot them.

I have experience with them, through working at a shop/range. Shooting them a lot, and deciding to own a USP Tactical.

They are wonderful guns, and you should own one if you're interested in them. At the time, I bought the Tactical because it was less than half the cost and fit me better.

If you can own a suppressor, by all means get a Mk23, because a suppressed Mk23 is virtually impossible to miss with.

Their value has stayed pretty static, occasionally I see really minty ones, or ones that have vintage light/laser stuff go for more.

What are the details?

How big are your hands?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reliable-pricy-accurate-sexy-brick!

A friend had a “brace” of them that I babysat (and shot with his permission of course) while he was on vacation.

Its a very cool gun if you find one at a good price.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
First one I had came in the nice soft case, had the factory light for it, and it was as accurate as a good 1911. I have big hands, so it fit me better than the tactical and expert I had at same time during my HK kick. Second one had the HK hard case, just as accurate as the first one. If George would stop getting in 1911s I like, I’d get another one sooner. As has been mentioned really just a range toy, they are big.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
You can carry it.

I had a shoulder holster for my Desert Eagle, so I disagree that the Mk23 is only a range toy. It can be used for self defense.

Just wear baggy clothes.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
They're still being manufactured, albeit in smaller batches. My buddy picked one up a few weeks back. DSG had them on sale for a killer price and he nabbed one.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them. One as a shooter and the other a safe queen thus far. I researched the hell out of the Mark 23 and went though countless articles and threads on HKpro’s forums and after doing so I have an even higher appreciation for the gun. It’s not for everyone and many will say it’s too big or the tactical is just as good. Well it’s not and it’s not.

The Mark 23 is an awesome feat in engineering IMHO. It is the only “offensive” pistol I have ever heard of, is capable of firing 30,000 rounds of 45 super without damage, and routinely maintained sub inch groups at 25y during testing. Most groups went into under a half inch! It is a match accurate gun in an absolute brute combat package. If you run out of ammo you could beat someone to death with it. I find it to be an absolute pussycat to shoot and it is one of my all time favorite range toys. I would not carry it though as ARC stated, it technically can and has been done.

I could go on and on though you get it. I wish I could have a suppressor here in IL, which would make this excellent gun even more excellent. Military arms channel has a great video on it last year I believe. Lots of other good vids on YouTube as well.

Here are my two Wink
free url upload

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole USP line including the MK23 is awesome.
As i have said it may not be the lowest bore axis, best sights, smoothest trigger, have the most magazine capacity. Yet the sum of its parts create a pistol that is just far beyond other guns of its day.
the 40 usp in this photo has well over 50k through it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
as an aside...99 posts from dec 9 in 1999 seems like a go buy a lottery ticket of 9's in some odd sort of way...
Ha, Yes!!! And my daughter wears number 9 for sports.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

I have experience with them, through working at a shop/range. Shooting them a lot, and deciding to own a USP Tactical.

They are wonderful guns, and you should own one if you're interested in them. At the time, I bought the Tactical because it was less than half the cost and fit me better.

If you can own a suppressor, by all means get a Mk23, because a suppressed Mk23 is virtually impossible to miss with.

Their value has stayed pretty static, occasionally I see really minty ones, or ones that have vintage light/laser stuff go for more.

What are the details?

How big are your hands?

This is the facebook post from the LGS...maybe I'll go see it tomorrow. I dont have big hands so it may not fit me too well. Thanks for all your comments:

In stock.
Extremely hard to get brand new production Heckler & Koch Mark 23 in .45 ACP. This is by far one of the coolest handguns you can own. Only one available. For $1899.99 plus nics and tax this sweet piece can be yours.

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
An amazing pistol. I paid $1400.00 for a slightly used one plus 4 mags, in 2003. But decided I wasn’t shooting it enough, so after about 400 rounds I put through it, I sold it for what I paid for it.
It had one of the nicest feeling triggers of any pistol I have shot. Plus I could have shot 45 Super through it if I chose.
A really nice “offensive” pistol to add to ones collection if you can afford the entry price. Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
In Merriam-Webster's definition of 'massive', it has a picture of a Mk23. Yes it does. Really.

My small paws are overwhelmed by the Mk23. But it's still way awesome cool to hold and fondle.

A customer transferred a used Mk23 in several months back; had honest wear that gave it darn near perfect character and charisma. He paid $1200 for his and it included two additional mags and the original box and paperwork.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
They are beyond reliable. They are very accurate. They are huge. They are wicked cool. They can be carried. I actually carried mine for a time on swat...mostly just because I could. I had a London Bridge nylon thigh rig for it. If you have a suppressor, or will be getting one, it's a must have. The Mk23 with a can is a match made in perfection. The mags aren't cheap but, what HK anything is?

Unless you're taking over Venezuela as a gift to the Don, you won't wear anything about it out, including the mags. Great pistols and a bit of firearms history as well.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
As someone said, wicked cool with a way too short military history. Over-engineered, crazy accurate, impervious to the elements, and BIG. If your hands can accommodate it, buy it. I have one US model and one directly through HK Germany.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an Hk fanboy, so take that into consideration, but I love the Mark 23. Fun as heck to shootSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

What are the details?

How big are your hands?

This is the facebook post from the LGS...maybe I'll go see it tomorrow. I dont have big hands so it may not fit me too well. Thanks for all your comments:

In stock.
Extremely hard to get brand new production Heckler & Koch Mark 23 in .45 ACP. This is by far one of the coolest handguns you can own. Only one available. For $1899.99 plus nics and tax this sweet piece can be yours.

I bought mine on sigforum 18 months ago with 6 mags for 1600

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The Mark 23 is a superb firearm. Accurate, robust and versitile. If you have no HKs and you can afford it, go an buy it.

However I got rid of mine years ago

Aside from adding the silent decocker, there was nothing that the Mark 23 did that my USP Tactical did not already do.

ALL of the full size USP pistols are capable of shooting the 45 SUPER cartridge as much as you want so that is no big deal regarding the Mark 23. I have been a 45 SUPER hand loader and shooter since Dean first came out with the cartridge in the late 1980s. In fact the ability to utilize the 45 SUPER with no changes was part of the reason I bought my first USP 45 they week they were introduced back in 1995. All of the higher end USPs enjoy the same O-ring barrel and match trigger lock work, so it did not add any accuracy over my Elites, Expert, Match or Tactical

Additionally, the Mark 23 uses a different magazine than the other 6-7 full size USPs I already owned. Yes I could have changed floor plates, but all USPs use exactly the same interchangeable 14 round full capacity magazines. Without the Mark 23 there is no worry that I (or someone else) can accidentally grab the incorrect mags

The other drawback is the the Mark 23 uses a reverse thread pitch from all of the other suppressible 45 ACP firearms that I own, at the time I had not yet acquired my Osprey which would have worked with it with a simple parts change. So it would have forced me to ad another suppressor.

Then I had the additional incentive of a Buddy of mine constantly asking me to sell it to him. His offer price was about $100 more than I had paid for it. To this day he still shoots it and if I really wanted it back, I could have it back

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post