SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I need another 1911 like I need a hole in the head...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need another 1911 like I need a hole in the head... Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I need another 1911 like I need a hole in the head! Someone said that in one of the 1911 posts on here last week. I feel like that too now. I went into my local LGS today because I was in the area. They have had a used 1911 Remington R1 enhanced for about a week and a half. It was priced at 600. I looked it over when I first saw it and it looked like it had never been shot but the right guy was not in that day so I couldn't get a story. Today, the right guy was in and I found out that a guy bought it new on a Tuesday with out his wife's permission (must have been a young guy or on his first marriage). He brought it back the next day. I broke it down today, and it sure as hell looked new. I left with it for 500. Damn nice for that! This makes Remington 1911 number 4 for me. So far, I am not disappointed with them, they are really outstanding for the money spent!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I didn't "need" many of the guns I have bought.

I didn't buy this one,

I have a great wife. I don't drink or chase women so she doesn't care about me spending money on guns, golf and bowling.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
What's the deal on the last one? Do you have some detailed pictures of it?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

That poor guy probably took a beatin' on that deal.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
What's the deal on the last one? Do you have some detailed pictures of it?

I inherited it when my father passed away. He bought it from a man who bought it in 1919 when he was done with his military service.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for the other browning. Take a look at my ted yost high power

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Never have enough 1911s. I have around 30 of them plus a few Hi Powers and still on the lookout for a good buy. (Yeah, I've got a great wife too).

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yep, Last trip to the range was with a 1911 and a Glock. Heck, I think all of them had a 1911 and a Glock.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Nice pickup.

I no longer "need" new guns, but the "want" is still there. Smile

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Tommy, you can never have enough, trust me Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by low8option:
Never have enough 1911s. I have around 30 of them plus a few Hi Powers and still on the lookout for a good buy. (Yeah, I've got a great wife too).
I can certainly relate. Love my wife and my 1911's. Was looking at more 1911's at the gun show today.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I'm looking into another one in .45.
My only 1911 is the combo 22TCM/9mm one.
I'm looking for a single stack in .45 now.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need a first 1911. Call me crazy, but I'm leaning toward Wilson. Damn you guys for making me look again. I'm *REALLY* liking the Black/Grey combination.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I need a first 1911. Call me crazy, but I'm leaning toward Wilson. Damn you guys for making me look again. I'm *REALLY* liking the Black/Grey combination.

Nice!

As we ski racer's used to say prior to the era of shorter / shaped skis, "Go big or go home!"

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@Cookster: Same reason my first SIG was a Legion. (actually it's because Blindref talked me into it LOL) I've wanted a CQB for a long time. And a HK Mark 23. I think that's most of my desire as far as .45s go.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post