SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All these Beretta 92's
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All these Beretta 92's Login/Join 
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perrinyanna:
Im in the market now for a full size 9mm and i am considering a 92F Inox, 92A1 or a SIG P226 2 tone for all at the same prices....had a 92 centurion a long time ago but sold it, and i still have a P229 Enh.Elite in 9mm which I love except for its ridiculously long beavertail! Id love the P226 esp the 2 tone version but its also nice to add a Beretta in the collection..so i am still thinking now..Is the P226 ideal in .40 caliber?

Either the beretta or the Sig will serve you well. The buy in cost of the beretta should be less.

I assume your comment about the 226 in 40 is relative to its versatility in changing calibers. If you purchase a Beretta 96 to start with, in 40 cal, a factory 92 9mm barrel and mags will direct swap into the 96 slide, though I wouldn't trust it for carry due to the different breech face size. A complete 92 upper would solve that issue.

As far as I know, there was one company making 357 barrels for the 96. I don't know whether they still are, and if they are I would highly recommend investigating what spring weight to use in the recoil spring. They're a tough gun but I bet the 357 would put a hurting on even the 40 recoil assembly. I would also recommend swapping to a steel guide rod as part of the process.

The 226 is just as good, easier to swap calibers as the barrels and uppers are more widely available.

It comes down to preference.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a used but like new 92a1 with 5 mags. I've always wanted one but always had other priorities. Your videos influenced me to get finally get one.

I think I'll try it at a local match this year too.

What holster do you use?

We have some local guys that do really good custom kydex holsters and I'll probably go that route. From what I've seen there arent a lot of off the shelf choices out there but I would like to see what's available before making a choice.

Thanks,
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sea Bass:
Just picked up a used but like new 92a1 with 5 mags. I've always wanted one but always had other priorities. Your videos influenced me to get finally get one.

I think I'll try it at a local match this year too.

What holster do you use?

We have some local guys that do really good custom kydex holsters and I'll probably go that route. From what I've seen there arent a lot of off the shelf choices out there but I would like to see what's available before making a choice.

Thanks,
SB

Awesome! The quickest way to get the trigger usable is to buy a "D" spring.

I use Safariland SLS, Bladetech and RedHill Tactical holsters for my 92A1.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
piedrarc... any experience with Beretta 96's in .357? I am thinking it would be a sweet platform for the .357 SIG round

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
piedrarc... any experience with Beretta 96's in .357? I am thinking it would be a sweet platform for the .357 SIG round

Sorry brother, I don't. I've only dabbed in the 9mm types.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post