SIGforum
If buying a new gun you would want you grandkids to have someday, what would it be?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5540026854

July 22, 2019, 05:21 AM
ckbush
If buying a new gun you would want you grandkids to have someday, what would it be?
I have a couple of Freedom Arms revolvers that will last long enough for my grandkids to pass to their kids one day.
July 22, 2019, 11:03 AM
fquico
of the more than 100 I have accumulated, I have created three lists (I have 3 children); A, B and C. Upon departing this earth, the three of my kids shall draw a letter and get the corresponding pile of guns. Then as each sees fit, they will trade or keep or sell or whatever, I will hopefully be among the angels eating grapes and drinking wine as I frolic in the clouds above.
July 26, 2019, 11:03 PM
Todd Huffman
I've built each of my grandkids an AR15, and I've got a few rimfire rifles for them to learn on. As far as heirloom quality, I have a few that I'll split between them as the years go by. Mostly old double barrel shotguns, but a few nice Browning rifles too.

My son doesn't get anything, he's a drug addict and I refuse to give him guns to watch him sell them to support his habit. My daughter and her husband can play with them til the boys get old enough, but they'll go to the boys.

If I were buying anything for the purpose of handing them down, it would probably be Smith and Wesson revolvers. Just because they were what I cut my pistol shooting teeth on.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.