SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got a P228 for Christmas!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a P228 for Christmas! Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
My dad surprised me with his P228 for Christmas. It is in like new condition with Trijicon HDs. I just added the Hogue G10 grips and Grayguns trigger. I have a nice Lobo Gunleather holster for it too. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Hell of a Dad you got. Congrats on a great looking P228

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paddling_man
posted Hide Post
Very nice! A great looking 228 with a memorable provenance.

Posts: 111 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking P228, congrats. Your dad is fortunate to have a son to pass it along to who appreciates the classics, it's a keeper.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice! I hope to have a P228 someday...

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
What a great gift to get from your dad! And, what's even nicer is the relationship you must have with him, congratulations!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW, what a fantastic gift.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and pristine! Congratulations!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
One of the very finest 9mm ever made.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you dad!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That’ll put the Merry in your Christmas! God bless that man!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Doesn't any better than that. Congratulations, Rob.

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Xmas present, what’s the manufacture year? Btw, if you like rubber grips, the hogue grip panels are nice, not those wrap around with finger grooves. Sig should have never discontinued the “real” P228. Those p229/M11a1 they have on the market now are an inferior copy and not the same. You can’t beat the fit and finish of the German proofed sigs.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Wonderful gift! Out of all the Sig's I've had the pleasure to own over the years, my p228 is the only one I kept. Great pistol, enjoy.. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
That's great!

Grips really complement the pistol. Gray Guns makes a great trigger. I've fired 2 Sigs with their triggers and it's so good it feels like cheating. Big Grin

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Merry Christmas

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone! I wanted to answer some questions and expand on the gun. It dates to 2005, which incidentally is the year I fired my first Sig. I was new to shooting and rented a P228 and proceeded to shoot it better than I had any right to. It is also interesting to note that I joined this forum in early 2005, before I had ever even fired a Sig.

Given the date range, this gun would have been made in Germany and assembled in the US, so it is lacking the triple serials and proof marks of earlier guns. I have enough experience with these guns however to say that it is not lacking in quality. I find the later P228s to have a smoother trigger and more durable finish, even if they may be somewhat lacking in mystique.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very nice, looks to have been well cared for.
For sure a Christmas to remember. Smile

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great one. Hope you enjoy .

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2767 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Your dad rocks! Merry Christmas!!

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post