SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking of buying a VP9 or an M&P 2.0, thoughts from those that have shot both
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking of buying a VP9 or an M&P 2.0, thoughts from those that have shot both Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The frame lever that has to be lifted up so you can remove a slide without pulling a trigger. That was what fell out of my 1.0. Not a critical part for functioning but a decent indicator of quality control.
Mine was also an 8 inch at 25 yards kind of gun and threw brass to my face so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that I have no love for S&W. That said, I wouldn't have mentioned that if I hadn't seen the reports of the same part falling out of 2.0.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the accuracy issues of the 1.0 pistols have been fixed with the 2.0 pistols. The barrels have a different rifling twist rate, and improved rebated crown, different rifling profile and a longer in battery dwell time. The barrel to slide and the barrel to locking block fit is also very good. Both of my 2.0 compacts have a consistent and strong ejection pattern with no BTF issues at all through thousands of rounds. No frame levers falling out of mine yet either, but if they do I will post it asap.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
IMHO, the accuracy issues of the 1.0 pistols have been fixed with the 2.0 pistols. The barrels have a different rifling twist rate, and improved rebated crown, different rifling profile and a longer in battery dwell time. The barrel to slide and the barrel to locking block fit is also very good. Both of my 2.0 compacts have a consistent and strong ejection pattern with no BTF issues at all through thousands of rounds. No frame levers falling out of mine yet either, but if they do I will post about it as soon as it happens.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They won't fall out. They are either installed correctly at the factory right off, or not. Glad to hear that yours work as intended.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The vP9 is my favorite pistol. The reset is funky, though. After the reset clicks the trigger springs forward a tad more. You cannot stop it from happening. I saw it mentioned in a review and never noticed it until I got mine in.

Shoots beautifully. Good ergo. Super slim. I think the slim line is what I enjoy most.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Felt and dry-fired lots of VP9 in store and gun shows. Only one, out of the box, had a good trigger. Am told that a few hundred rounds and trigger improves.

M&P M2.0 that I have touched all have good 6 pound-force triggers. An easy (no parts fall out!) replacement of sear with Apex two-dot sear and trigger is still great at 4.5 pounds-force.

Working with a not-too-strong shooter and the smaller VP9SK: Replace two springs with factory issued parts and trigger is down to usable 4.5 pounds force. However, the recoil spring is HEAVY. Hard to rack (but not nearly impossible like an early Shield) and will only operate with hot ammo. Wanted to use in IDPA as BUG pistol. Accurate - adjustable grip - good sights - about right weight. Source for recoil spring replacement has yet to be found.

M&P M2.0 is straight forward to work on with available parts - and costs quite a bit less than H&K pistols. Even with factory recoil spring, can down load ammo and have it operate - factory magazines (much less expensive than H&K magazines) are reliable - others have proved to be "iffy." Four grips are included - be sure, when testing, to use the grip that fits you the best.

[as an aside: the champion, short-barrel, eats-everything is the PPS-M2 9mm - a good 10 yard gun]

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me and my hands, the VP9 is far more enjoyable than the Glock 19. THe VP9 also 'shoots flat' for me. So, 'for me' it just works.

But the VP9 is larger. The M&P hinged trigger is a nuisance for me as well.

So, for my preference it is the VP9, but you may want to shoot it before the investment.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
For me and my hands, the VP9 is far more enjoyable than the Glock 19. THe VP9 also 'shoots flat' for me. So, 'for me' it just works.

So, for my preference it is the VP9, but you may want to shoot it before the investment.

The VP9 grip is the size of a G17, not a G19.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:

The VP9 grip is the size of a G17, not a G19.

Yep, and I said that in my post; "But the VP9 is larger".

I am simply referencing the guns that the fz4vgq (original poster) said in his post. (Glock 19, VP9, M&P 2.0)

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post