SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 Glock 19 Non MOS sight question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 Glock 19 Non MOS sight question Login/Join 
Picture of fz4vgq
posted
Am I correct that the Gen5 G19 Non MOS uses the same ole Gen 1-4 sights and not the sights for use on Gen 5's with the MOS cut or did Glock change the dovetail cut dimensions on all the Gen 5's?

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Same dimensions.

Some makers have "Gen 5 Sights" to make up for some perceived POA-POI changes in Gen 5 due to the different barrel or something, but I didn't like how the Ameriglo Gen 5 worked on my G45, so I took them off and put standard non-Gen 4 sights on and it's been great.

And the MOS have the same dovetail only set further back in the slide, so if you have longer rear sights they may hang off the back of the slide. Some makers have thinner (front to back) rears to account for this.

But the dovetails are the same size.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dovetail is the same, but Gen 5’s use different height sights.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've also seen that gun offered with factory night sights, which I think are Ameriglos. See random Gunbroker listing below.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852804216

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Thank You Guys !

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They cuts are the same. Some Gen5 guns have slightly oversized rear dove tails though.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Looking at this thread, it seems that Gen 1-4 sights can be used on Gen 5 and vice versa? Has anyone else tried this? POA/POI difference between the two?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I installed the Gen 5 "GMS" night sights on my Gen 4 19. I just ordered the same heights that the Gen 4 used (4.1mm front, 6.5mm rear). I prefer the Gen 5 sights because of the wider rear notch.

I ordered the sighs individually from GT distributors.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Looking at this thread, it seems that Gen 1-4 sights can be used on Gen 5 and vice versa? Has anyone else tried this? POA/POI difference between the two?

Bruce

I have put gen 1-4 sights on my Gen5 19 and G45 They work fine and hit where I aim. Over 3,000 rounds through each gun with no sight issues.
I tend to just do things and see what happens. With Glocks, things usually work out fine.
I scored/ qualified with the G45 this year. Perfect score.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I had to install gen 3/4 sights in my gen5 19, 19x, 45. The gen5 poa/poi is not for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The gen5 poa/poi is not for me.

This is why I ordered the same height sights as my Gen4. Same POI but I got the wider rear notch. My Gen4 G19 had factory NS on it. It had the 6.5mm rear and I measured the front at 4.09mm. So I ordered the 6.5mm Gen5 rear sight and the 4.1mm Gen5 front sight. I never really noticed how narrow the rear was on the Gen 4 until I compared it to the Gen 5. I like a little more daylight around my front sight post.

I measured the width of the notches and came out with about ~3.48mm for the Gen4 and ~4.28 for the Gen5 (give or take - I'm not an expert with a digital caliper lol). So under 1mm but it makes a difference to me. Front sight widths were the same.

The only other difference between the sights I noticed was the length. Both the front and rear of the Gen5 sights are slightly longer than the Gen4's.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post