SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K P7 Magazines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K P7 Magazines Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
A while ago I sold my P7 and a bunch of magazines, and almost immediately I contracted a bad case of seller's remorse.

I have since acquired a replacement for the pistol, but I would like to get one or two additional magazines.

It seems that P7M8 magazines are easier to find, than P7 (PSP) magazines.

Does anybody know whether the P7M8 magazine is backwards compatible with the heel release P7 pistol? I suppose that I could buy one and try it, but they're a bit pricey and I don't want to shell out the $$ unless it will work.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Easy way to fix an error is to buy something even more better. Like the p7m8 I have for sale.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

Easy way to fix an error is to buy something even more better. Like the p7m8 I have for sale.
Big Grin Thanks for the offer, but I have already replaced the pistol, just looking for replacement for some of the magazines that I had sold when I sold my first P7. Smile

This might be heresy, but I have fired both the P7 and the P7M8, and unlike many people, I actually prefer the older design. Some people say that I'm weird.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think they're inter-changeable as the magazine catch is in a different location. I think pro-mag makes magazines for the psp, but I wouldn't trust my life to a pro-mag magazine.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I don't think they're inter-changeable as the magazine catch is in a different location. I think pro-mag makes magazines for the psp, but I wouldn't trust my life to a pro-mag magazine.
I wonder whether it's possible to design a single magazine that would accommodate both types of catch mechanisms. That would be a winner!

The ProMag website lists a magazine for the P7M8 (with a California Prop 65 warning), but none listed for the P7. I have sent an inquiry to ProMag, let's see whether they respond.

If they have one for the P7, I would try it for range use, but not for carry.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For the love of God don’t go ProMag.

Jesus those have gotten pricey. I just did a cursory search and you can get them but at like $200.00. bucks. Sheesh.

Should just be a cut for heel release. You might want to try an M8 mag and mag a cut for the heel.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my P7M8 and do kinda have some slight regret as well. I don't think the P7M8 mags will work.

I had a hard time finding mags for my P7M8 and bought two ProMags and I will confirm that they didn't work as good as the two factory mags that I had.

I have found P7M8 mags for $100 each but I have never look for any other P7 mags.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
ThankGod4Sig, you know better than to do that. No sales outside of Classifieds.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The magazines between the P7 PSP and The P7M8 definitely are not interchangable. Are you able to find any P7 PSP mags anywhere? Everywhere I look they are out of stock.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black Pepper:
The magazines between the P7 PSP and The P7M8 definitely are not interchangable. Are you able to find any P7 PSP mags anywhere? Everywhere I look they are out of stock.

There's a few for sale on Funbroker for $185 a piece. OUCH.

posted Hide Post
There's a few on Ebay,some are nice and even some are hard chromed with used ones starting at $95.00 and new for $115.00,if you buy x4 of them-(ouch). These seem to be getting like hen's teeth and costing as much.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Does anybody know whether the P7M8 magazine is backwards compatible with the heel release P7 pistol?

No. 2 different release systems.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now you all know why I don’t carry either of my two P7M8’s anymore. Parts prices have gotten ridiculous. I can afford to fix one if one goes down, but why bother? Glad I have them and 10 mags each, but they’ll be seeing little use going forward, sadly.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing them regularly on Ebay. Best price right now is 120. I've wanted an extra mag for a while now. Someone is going to have to twist my arm.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I've been seeing them regularly on Ebay. Best price right now is 120. I've wanted an extra mag for a while now. Someone is going to have to twist my arm.

There's one on fleabay right now for around $120 that says new in the package HK. Sad thing is it is tempting me, and I bought an entire new S+W shield 9mm with 2 magazines for $199 right before Christmas. Pretty sad when you think about it and the magazines really are nothing special as far as manufacturing goes.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I apologize for not having much to add to this conversation, but - HOLY SMOKES!! I thought HK brought over whole raftloads of those things back just after the golden age of the surplus P7!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
They did. Then we bought them and the magazines to the point of extinction.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The magazines are not inter-changeable, the P7 style has a square hole in the back to engage the magazine latch, the P7M8 magazine has a tooth like projection on the left side of the body more than half way to the top which is very sharp! This projection will cut a groove in a leather mag pouch.

Posts: 3 | Location: yes | Registered: April 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
They did. Then we bought them and the magazines to the point of extinction.

No, certain people bought them to the point of extinction. I see people selling a P7 with 6-10 magazines......You can't even put 6 magazines of ammunition through it before it's too hot to hold. I could see having 2-3 magazines for a gun like the P7, but it's not a competition gun where someone needs 10 magazines for 1 gun (In MY Opinion). Then there's a guy selling used mags and in the picture is a pile of them.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could see having 2-3 magazines for a gun like the P7, but it's not a competition gun
I know a few people who use these for IDPA. Two or three magazines are not enough.

Some of us might want to keep the original two magazines in nice condition, and have a couple for range use, where they might be marked up when they are dropped on the ground during fast reloads. The pistol areas at the club I belong to, recently had gravel laid down to help with drainage -- Florida, you know, we get mucho rain in the afternoons during summer season.

Dropping magazines on gravel does tend to scratch them up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים