Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 and 225 Login/Join 
Picture of Donn75B
posted
Just picked up my P229 Elite Custom Carry yesterday. Went to buy a 225 A-1 for $889 and saw the classic for $699. Too good to pass-up. Will run first 100 rounds through on Saturday. Question for any 225 people should I buy it or for the same $ buy the 320 RXP X-Carry with the Romeo 1, or maybe a 1911 if I don’t care about the 8 round count.

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida  | Registered: May 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, you finally come to the right place, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9190043074 Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donn, Good for you for getting a P229. Not entirely clear if you’ve bought the P225 yet, but you should do so. While you are at it, buy the 1911. Don’t worry about the round count. I’d pass on the P320. They frankly do nothing for me.

Posts: 76 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

My P225 came back to me yesterday. I had loaned it to my brother in law...it feels good to have it back in the "family".

Wes

Posts: 2413 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dav:
Donn, Good for you for getting a P229. Not entirely clear if you’ve bought the P225 yet, but you should do so. While you are at it, buy the 1911. Don’t worry about the round count. I’d pass on the P320. They frankly do nothing for me.

Wilson Combat grip module makes the P320 outstanding. Put one on both of mine.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 229, for me, is the perfect gun for all occasions. It has good capacity and a good size frame for gripping and recoil control. The 225 is a great gun and I had one years ago and loved it. If you have the 229, I would say you have things covered, as it can do everything a 225 can do and more. There is nothing wrong with the 225 and I don't mean to discourage your decision. To me the 225 is slightly slimmer than the 229,(slightly better for carry) but for me it was not a big enough difference to make a difference. We our fortunate to live in a state that has no magazine capacity laws and are able to take advantage of it, which would make me decide to buy the larger capacity guns,unless you were getting a 1911. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well you mentioned the 320 with the Romeo sight so I'll chime in.... I have one in the compact form and it is the most accurate handgun I own.... trigger is great.... I did add a grey guns trigger but even before that with the dern red dot it is amazing.... and also the dot will show you when your grip or placement on the trigger is off....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My West German P225 is my favorite 9mm and Sig. Clearly, that's a completely subjective statement but the pistol is so comfortable for me to shoot that I would never sell it.The P220 is a close second. I'm a fan of the old single stacks.Try one!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post