New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Certified Pre-Owned, should come in a red case, at least they use to.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Certified Pre-Owned, should come in a red case, at least they use to.

Still do.
Some, however, come in whatever SIG had on hands at the time they finished with the CPO process. Some in the older gray plastic case, some in the old large black plastic case. If the case is CPO original and still has the labels, the part number should always has "UD" in it.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The following is not mine, but it illustrates the non-red CPO case. It's the older gray plastic case.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
I actually get it tomorrow. It has the red cardboard box. I am only paying $500 for it, so I think I am doing alright. I'll look ar the date code tomorrow evening. I still think its a great gun anyway.

Sig Compact Nickel, Sig Ultra Compact in 45 & 9, Sig Texas Silver, Sig Texas Gold, Sig P220 45acp WG, Sig P226 9mm WG, Sig P938.

Posts: 17 | Location: Waco, Texas | Registered: February 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It is a great gun, no doubt about it, especially when you only paid $500 for it. A CPO SIG has a 1 year warranty from SIG.

Q

Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig P220 that I traded for and had cerekoted. The slide dates to 2004 but there is no date code on the slide and the slide says Exeter, NH. I was under the assumption that it was in the time period that they were using both West German and USA parts. It has the original blue box. It shoots like a dream, just wondering. LOL.

Sig Compact Nickel, Sig Ultra Compact in 45 & 9, Sig Texas Silver, Sig Texas Gold, Sig P220 45acp WG, Sig P226 9mm WG, Sig P938.

Posts: 17 | Location: Waco, Texas | Registered: February 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fflmike:
I have a Sig P220 that I traded for and had cerekoted. The slide frame dates to 2004 but there is no date code on the slide and the slide says Exeter, NH. I was under the assumption that it was in the time period that they were using both West German and USA parts. It has the original blue box. It shoots like a dream, just wondering. LOL.

There are plenty of factory original SIGs like that, Made In Germany, but assembled in SIG USA with US parts. They will not have date codes or German proof marks.

Your CPO P226, however, is a factory FrankenSIG, no doubt about it. A creation of SIG USA, not SIG W. Germany.
An original 1989 gun will have "Made In W. Germany" on the slide, not "Made In Germany". Unified Germany did not exist in 1989.
An original 1989 gun is "from" Herndon, VA, not Exeter, NH.
An original 1989 gun will triple serial numbers with German proof marks on frame, slide, and barrel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many modern parts they put in West German CPO. The modern spring strut combos are much better than the originals.

I have a JK P226 that I put all new springs and hogue G10 piranhas on. I'm about to install SRT and maybe do an action enhancement. Ideally like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
No date codes under the nose of the slide. Serial number on the barrel matches the one on the frame. I guess Sig replaced the slide when they had it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fflmike,

Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
I'll order the SRT kit on Monday. Love it on my P220.

posted Hide Post
Your P220 holsters should work well with your P226. My Kramer holster purchased for my P220 fits my P226 in 40 great. I think part of frame and slide that goes in holster is similar, but not grip part of frame.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll order the SRT kit on Monday. Love it on my P220.

Considering that the beater or less stellar cosmetic LE trade-in 9mm 226 guns are going for five hundred or plus, I think you did well. You have the CPO red box for documentation and its pretty well accepted and recognized that Sig replaces whatever parts are necessary when they evaluate and re-furb them.

Your gun also doesn't have the crackhead shitty shake and bake re-spray that was done on some of them without the proper prep. I think you did pretty well.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I am happy with it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you. I am happy with it.

As well you should be! Enjoy it.

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Man those no-rail 226's are nice...

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I wonder how many modern parts they put in West German CPO. The modern spring strut combos are much better than the originals.

I have CPO W. German 226 that was updated with the new-style spring seat and strut and grips. Everything else appears original. I actually wanted to swap to a pair of original checkered grips but they won't fit the newer spring seat without modifying them.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post