Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Login/Join 
Picture of fflmike
posted
I just picked up a P226 9mm made in West Germany in 1989. Great shape. Can't wait to shoot it.

Sig Compact Nickel, Sig Ultra Compact in 45 & 9, Sig Texas Silver, Sig Texas Gold, Sig P220 45acp WG, Sig P226 9mm WG, Sig P938.

Posts: 17 | Location: Waco, Texas | Registered: February 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
You will like it.
Sure do like mine.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks new. Great pistol!

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
It is in great shape. It will go great with my P220

Sig Compact Nickel, Sig Ultra Compact in 45 & 9, Sig Texas Silver, Sig Texas Gold, Sig P220 45acp WG, Sig P226 9mm WG, Sig P938.

Posts: 17 | Location: Waco, Texas | Registered: February 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks great. But, was it presented to you as original gun? i.e., not FrankenP226?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
No sir. It was refurbished by Sig. All original though.

Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
Something in the pictures cause you to think so?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fflmike:
Something in the pictures cause you to think so?

Slide is from a much later gun, not from 1989.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
-Note "Made In Germany", not W. Germany, which a 1989 gun should be.
-Should have been Herndon, not Exeter, for a 1989 SIG.
-Most likely that folded slide has had its original serial number obliterated. SIG frequently does this to their CPO guns.

Q

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
fflmike, The Oriental Redneck knows a few things about Sigs Wink.

Your slide is stamped "Made In Germany".

Germany reunified in 1990, but Sig kept releasing West Germany slides for a few more years due to inventory. Made in Germany would be mid-nineties and beyond.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I called Sig and they said it was West German and made in 1989. Maybe they did that when they refurbished it. Oh well, its still a great little gun.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fflmike:
I don't know. I called Sig and they said it was West German and made in 1989. Maybe they did that when they refurbished it. Oh well, its still a great little gun.
I'm pretty sure they were only referring to the frame, but still a nice weapon...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice. Just pick mine up about 15 minutes ago. Looks the same as yours, but mine is a KE code which puts it at 1994. It does say W. Germany on mine.

Posts: 18 | Registered: December 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
-Most likely that folded slide has had its original serial number obliterated. SIG frequently does this to their CPO guns.

I bought a CPO 226 in 2005 that SIG didn't wipe the SN from the slide. Doesn't match the frame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations as they are excellent handguns and I love my 2.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
So, umm, stupid question since no one else has asked, what's the date code on the slide? Is there one at all?
There should be a JK under the nose of the slide along with proof marks.

BTW fflmike, might want to resize your avatar, it's this big.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
fflmike, sorry if I put a damper on your parade. Was not my intention. Just wanted to you to be aware of what you have exactly.

SIG does a lot mixing, when it comes to CPO or refurbished guns. When parts are missing or damaged from one gun, they get them from the parts bin. This is a well-known practice. When the serial number on the slide is different from the frame, they sometimes knock off the one on the slide.

Your slide should have the 2-letter date code on the chin. My bet is it's not JK (1989).

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

I bought a CPO 226 in 2005 that SIG didn't wipe the SN from the slide. Doesn't match the frame.

I never said "always". Wink
I've seen plenty of examples of slide serial numbers being knocked off. In fact, SIG is doing one for me right now.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

I never said "always". Wink
I've seen plenty of examples of slide serial numbers being knocked off. In fact, SIG is doing one for me right now.

What is a "CPO" gun?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post