SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Factory OEM Flat Trigger from Sig Store
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory OEM Flat Trigger from Sig Store Login/Join 
posted
Just got my OEM Flat Trigger for my P320...I guess this is the one used on the P320 X-Carry?

Installed:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: timrh23,

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
That is correct.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can this trigger be used in a 320 that has NOT been sent back to Sig for the update?

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
I am not aware of the factory flat trigger changing, and the Sig web store does not specify, leading me to think that it probably would. You can always call Sig to confirm, although I would expect them to strongly encourage you to get the upgrade, regardless of the answer to the question.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can this trigger be used in a 320 that has NOT been sent back to Sig for the update?

Yes

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might sound dumb but what advantage does the flat trigger have over a standard curved trigger? I've never had the opportunity to hold---let alone fire---a handgun with a flat trigger.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Flat triggers should improve precision work. I have one installed in an olympic match pistol and I was experimenting with it quite a bit until it was set correctly. It works well with a correct trigger reach AND when the trigger face has an exact 90° position to the barrel axis when the shot is breaking AND when overtravel is adjusted to the bare minimum. I like it but it´s not the wisdom´s last word. The characteristics of the second stage feels differntly to me. more direct, and harder (not heavier) and I ended up with more flyers in the beginning, until I readjusted the weight ratio between the first and the second stage, because I overran the second stage. From what I experienced until now is, it´s a good concept for precise slow fire but do to its complexity it might not be in the favor for rapid fire unless trigger reach and angle can be adjusted.
If characteristics flat face trigger would have a benefit in a service type pistol used for rapid fire at short distances is something that can be debated for that reason.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I follow you OTD. Thank you. Is anyone using their CCW pistols with these triggers installed?

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the flat PELT-2 triggers at Gray Guns are made of a tougher steel than the OEM triggers that come with the new guns. Something to do with keeping the price down on new pistols. However, both are probably extremely excellent.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post