SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm eyeballing a P225A Classic Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm eyeballing a P225A Classic Carry Login/Join 
Picture of JohnnyD
posted
It's a 225A-9-BSS-CC. This is the version with the SIG logo on the top of the slide, black and gray G10 grips, and the stripe on the sides of the slide. NIB.
I see that SIG no longer offers this model per their website. Does anyone have production numbers and dates? Any feedback on this model?
I already have a year 2001 (AB) P225, but this P225A sure is a good looking pistol. It's not cheap but I'm considering it.
Thanks for your input.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting. When they brought the line back, the model you describe (which is also the model I got) was the "cheap" version at, IIRC, about $750. I'm not sure why that was the case, given the extra aesthetic touches.

At any rate, I like mine a lot and the G10s with it. The one thing I'd look out for is whether it's still got the night sights. The night sights on mine are set up according to the SIG 'combat' arrangement (per SIG CS) where you're supposed to aim at the top of the bullseye at 15 yards (per SIG CS). Other than that, the pistol works great. Everything is sized in a way that suits me, but YMMV.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Yep it has the night sights and 3 mags.

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Limited production, it's called the Classic Carry. It could be had for $700 - $750 at the time. It was a great deal, considering you get 3 mags, while its older brothers cost $850+. The grips are highly aggressive, which I prefer, and were produced by SCI, not Hogue. Excellent gun, if you can get passed the cheesy racing white stripes and the ugly SIG logo on top of the slide.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best way is to get the "nicer" version with the grips from the Carry version. Best of both worlds!

Seriously, the 225A1 is one of my favorites. Shop around there are some good deals out there. Sig has priced themselves out of the single stack market with their MSRP and retailers are starting to figure it out.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently just picked up the Sig P229 Classic Carry Talo edition and I like it alot! It came with 3 mags, and night sights. I stumbled upon it by accident while looking for an M11-A1. Glad I went with this one instead because it was a couple hundred dollars less!

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Hey thank each of you for the feedback.
I wonder how many were produced? Just curious.

USAF/ANG Retired

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
Hey thank each of you for the feedback.
I wonder how many were produced? Just curious.

No one knows, unless you work for SIG and have access to the data.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post