SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11-A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11-A1 Login/Join 
posted
I'm thinking about picking up an M11-A1. Any opinions/advice?

Posts: 31 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do it. Love mine!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tapuach:
I'm thinking about picking up an M11-A1. Any opinions/advice?

What do you know/not know about the M11A1? And, what's the purpose? And, why this model and not some others? It would help to know where you're coming from.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot one this weekend rails my range. The gun feels great and it is designed to be nice and smooth without a rail. I like rails on guns but the M11-A1 works fine without one. According to SIG website it weighs 4 ounces less than the 229 which is helpful. It is still a heavy gun but that makes it easier to shoot with less recoil and it is accurate.

Please note SIG's website is not always accurate on weight.

I bought it 226 which I still own the MK25 and shortly thereafter purchased a 229 which I then returned in 2 weeks. It felt too similar to its larger brother. A number of people have reported on different websites that the M11-A1 feels and looks different enough from his larger brother to justify a separate purchase.

Obviously, if you can find arranged to rent them it would be very helpful. The slide on the M11-A1 is smaller than the 229 and it is only designed for 9mm versus the 229 being designed for 9 mm, 357 SIG, and 40 caliber.

You will not be disappointed with either pistol and remember they both hold 15 rounds and will take magazines from a 226.

Good luck with your decision and please let us know what you end up purchasing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My main gripe about it is that I can't use my large collection of p228 mags in it. Also not sure if 226 mags with the adapter thing would work in it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My main gripe about it is that I can't use my large collection of p228 mags in it. Also not sure if 226 mags with the adapter thing would work in it.

I use my P228 mags in it. Never a problem. There are some who do have issues, but most do not.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any opinions/advice?

Buy two, you significant other will try to steal yours because it rocks so much.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
It's an excellent pistol. Very soft shooting and accurate. I purchased mine when they first came out back in 2013 or so.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I pulled the trigger figuratively speaking and bought the M11-A1. Gander Mountain is going out of business and has 10% off on their guns.
I'll shoot it this weekend and report back. I have several Sigs but none have the SRT upgrades. I'm curious to see how it compares to my P228.

Skins2881: I almost took your advice, but I know my credit card would be declined.

I'll post some pics as "eye candy" later in the week.

thanks for the info guys!

Posts: 31 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post