SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New redesigned Glock gen 5 pistols as of Aug 1st.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New redesigned Glock gen 5 pistols as of Aug 1st. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Got to have the front slide serrations for the vital press check. Don't all the cool kids do them?

It was in vogue about twenty years ago.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SIG loves them FS on the P320.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Must just be my hand size, I do not notice the half moon cut out on my Gen 5 G19, and the front slide serrations do nothing for me either.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
i Have found a use for front slide serrations....handguns with optics on them. The positioning of the optic makes it such that you really can’t use the rear slide serrations with any sort of overhand grip so you are either

1) using the optic to manipulate the slide

And/or

2) covering the ejection port while manipulating the slide

The front slide serrations allow me, at least, to mitigate these issues while maintaining a positive grip on the gun.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just serrate the whole slide, for God's sake. Shit, go ahead and serrate the frame, too. The bore needs serrations, and don't forget the magazines. Serrations inside and out on the mags. And if Glock doesn't serrate the pistol box, they're gonna hear from me.

How do we feel about serrated ammunition and serrated targets?

All these years, I've been serration-deficient and didn't even know it, but we're on the fast track now, boys and girls!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a set of serrated steak knives?

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I make use of the front serrations. While they are unnecessary for the tacticool press checks, they make resetting the striker whilst dry firing much more pleasant. I'm in the take em or leave em camp I guess but I do think Glock is on the right track with the other changes.

quote:
Just serrate the whole slide, for God's sake.

I think that was Beretta's idea with their new APX.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just serrate the whole slide, for God's sake.

We can’t let the APX win the serration-gap!

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I put my hands near the muzzle of my pistols all the time.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just serrate the whole slide, for God's sake. Shit, go ahead and serrate the frame, too. The bore needs serrations, and don't forget the magazines. Serrations inside and out on the mags. And if Glock doesn't serrate the pistol box, they're gonna hear from me.

How do we feel about serrated ammunition and serrated targets?

All these years, I've been serration-deficient and didn't even know it, but we're on the fast track now, boys and girls!

Hahahahaha, now that's good.
I would like serrations on the top of the slide too.
I'm gonna serrate my front door knob also because you never know.
Serrations everywhere!! Big Grin

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hang on. Gonna serrate my post.

||||||||||

Looks great!!

Wait, need some upfront.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
|||| . ||||||||||

Thaaaat's the ticket!!

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ether:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by ether:
"Piqued"

Finally!
I have been tempted so many times, but figured I was annoying enough as it was. Smile

I misspeak all the time. I'd be disappointed if y'all didn't correct me.

I suppose if there was no intent to pique, it is OK

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I am a habitual front of the slide slide racker, the serrations are a welcome change for me. My two Gen 5 17 MOS's came with them.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
all this time I thought they were Glocks new slide lightening slots, to improve the dynamics of the muzzle weight during recoil, you mean we're supposed to use them to manipulate the slide?

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I can understand not using front serrations. But I don't see what that hurt being there. It's the same as a rail. Use it or not. If not, just ignore it. But if you decide later you want it it's there.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting Glocks for more than 25 years. I own more than a dozen. In addition to forward serrations being entirely unnecessary (optics or no), they look like pure shit. Really, how badly do you have to try to make a Glock more homely?

It looks gimmicky and I don't want that stuff on my pistols.

posted Hide Post
I can take or leave the front serrations. I have noticed that they wear the interior of my leather holsters quite a bit more than a non serrated gun does.
Thats not optimal!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh.. I just got a gen 5 g19 3 weeks ago.. I’d much rather have the new one, I didn’t think that cut out on the grip was a big deal until I handled it more and now I can’t stand it.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Grip cutout, although stupid, does not bother me and my smaller paws.

I am not a front grip serration guy in general but some are better integrated then others, and by some I mean NOT GLOCK. Glocks serrations are .... well prominent.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post