SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New redesigned Glock gen 5 pistols as of Aug 1st.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New redesigned Glock gen 5 pistols as of Aug 1st. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You just need to gently break the edge of the half moon cut-out. I did it in under ten minutes with a round file, followed up with some fine-grit sandpaper. Did that, and now I hardly notice the cut-out during firing.
Or buy the new one and swap slides with the one you’ve already got: viola —- no cut-out, no front slide serrations. The other one is your spare/trainer. Thank me later.

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the stubby slide of the G-26 someones going to blow a hole in their hand using those front serrations wrong.

And I want Glock to now redesign the guide rod system so I can press check like Steven Seagal does his 1911's.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, pish posh. That's such a small price to pay for Glock succumbing to this stupid crap. C'mon, what's crippling injury in the face of trendiness? Get with the program. Marketing is counting on it! You don't want to let down Glock's marketing department, do you? Let the unnecessary machining of sldes commence!

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also holding out for the special release Gen 5 in silver finish with fish gills up front.

MMMmmm. Perfection.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I got my G17.5 before these front serrations took over. I've been shooting handguns for over 30 years and I never needed them. Like in not one time. And they tear up my leather holsters. To me front serrations are like RMR cuts: you can always add them, but you can't take them away.

I've been going back and fourth about a G26.5. May have to hurry up if this is the norm.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered two of these today with the Ameriglo night sights. With Glock’s new and slippery DLC
finish, the FS serrations make it *much* easier to do a press check if one desires to. Glock also does a good job of deburring the serrations where they aren’t so sharp but still have enough bite to them. I like them. I should have mine by this Wednesday.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

And I want Glock to now redesign the guide rod system so I can press check like Steven Seagal does his 1911's.

G34/35 all day long

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

G34/35 all day long

go all the way, 17L/24.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could we do reverse/inverse serrations? Now I can really grab that slide.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still using a 21 year old gen2 19. It fits my hand. I might pick up a 45. Don’t care for the front serrations since I don’t press check that way.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Still using a 21 year old gen2 19. It fits my hand. I might pick up a 45. Don’t care for the front serrations since I don’t press check that way.
Still halve Gen 2 19,23,&27. No plans to upgrade except for replacement sights. When does the collector value kick in?

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Someone.....is getting a serrated coffee mug. Smile

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
so does this mean we'll have a market flooded with cheap older version gen 5 glocks?

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Who wants Glock to just start cranking out Gen 2s again? I'm sure we have a few.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
|||| . ||||||||||

Thaaaat's the ticket!!

C'mon, man! Straight serrations? That's old hat. All the cool dudes have these:

//// //////

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting! Gen 5 with or without serrations are available in glock's Europe catalog.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Who wants Glock to just start cranking out Gen 2s again? I'm sure we have a few.

What would be gained by going back generations?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Glock just picked up a really big CBP contract.

The CBP contract had the requirements that the front serrations be there, the half moon cutout disappear, and the magwell get a little bigger bevel.

I'm guessing that Glock decided to standardize machining operations and mold design, to reduce costs rather than running multiple production lines for the slightly different versions of the same gun models.

I suspect that you front serrations haters have the government to thank for these changes. The rotten devils are using your own tax dollars against you, again.

The CBP pistol bid requirements are floating around the internet. Read through them and you'll see that all of these changes are amongst CBPs wants and whims.

I should be getting a new Glock 47 issued soon. I'm pretty eager to check it out.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^ If that was the case then why are they still producing the Gen 3s with finger grooves and without front serrations.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
While I can't know their intentions with any level of certainty, it appears that the gen 3 won't be in production much longer. Or perhaps just limited production on a smaller scale for the CA market.

I wonder if the decision to keep some machines set up to produce gen 3 guns for CA has to do with CAs approval process. It must be tough to get guns on the CA approved list.

https://nagelsguns.net/glock-p...-gen-3-discontinued/

The internet seems full of such rumors. If the cessation of gen 3 production coincides with the changes mentioned in this thread, perhaps that'll be further evidence that this is a manufacturing economics decision triggered by the CBP contract.

This might also indicate that Glock doesn't intend to get the Gen 5 certified for sale in CA. But, that's just a guess too.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post