SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New redesigned Glock gen 5 pistols as of Aug 1st.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New redesigned Glock gen 5 pistols as of Aug 1st. Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
On August 1, Glock introduced their newly redesigned Glock 17, Glock 19, and Glock 26 gen 5 pistols. They now come standard with front slide serrations. They also removed the hated and despised front half moon cut out on the front of the grip. Check out the Glock website for pictures of the new pistols. Glock lovers should rejoice. Looks like some nice upgrades.

Ive been rocking my Gen 3 G19 for ten almost 15 years now just WAITING for Glock to get the gen 5 G19 right. Looks like I will be in the market for a new G19.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Yup as mentioned in the you will buy a Glock thread.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g19-gen5-fs-us

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I wonder what other changes were made in the “redesign”?

This has my interest peaked.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if glock will remove those hated, despised and ugly front serrations they'll have the best glock since gen2 19.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I have the ones I have. I can't stand front serrations. I never had a problem press checking or disassembling without them.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jesus. Enough with the freakin' front serrations on the slides. Unnecessary and ugly. I hope it's just a fad, like hooked trigger guuards on auto pistols. This feature is just about as useless as that stuff.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

"Piqued" Smile I'm not tryin to embarrass ya, man. We're here for each other.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ether:
"Piqued"

Finally!
I have been tempted so many times, but figured I was annoying enough as it was. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the front serrations. To each his own.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
"Piqued"

Finally!
I have been tempted so many times, but figured I was annoying enough as it was. Smile

I misspeak all the time. I'd be disappointed if y'all didn't correct me.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
If you've ever taken a class in the summer, those front serrations come in handy. They have finally achieved perfection if they will shoot a 2-3" group at 25. The last few glocks I've bought couldn't come close to that.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why I have waited.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmm. Damn. I just might buy a Glock now. I too like front serrations and dislike the half-moon cutout.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I might have to take a pique at a Gen 5 19, now Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

"Piqued" Smile I'm not tryin to embarrass ya, man. We're here for each other.

I really do not care.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, Jesus. Enough with the freakin' front serrations on the slides. Unnecessary and ugly. I hope it's just a fad, like hooked trigger guuards on auto pistols. This feature is just about as useless as that stuff.

Definitely not a fan of them, particularly Glock’s implementation of them. Luckily for me, the cut out on my Gen 5 doesn’t bother me at all.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I've owned "a few" different Glock 19s since 2005. The two that I have currently are both Gen 4 Front Serrations models. I'm a fan of the front serrations.

This new version of the Gen 5 is appealing to me, it has the front serrations and does away with the front grip cutout. Both things that I like.

Don't need one today, but who knows what the future might bring... its good to have options.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Got to have the front slide serrations for the vital press check. Don't all the cool kids do them?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I don't use front serrations but pretty much all current production poly frame striker fired pistols other than Glock have them so not surprised Glock Gen 5 has them now and certainly would not stop me from buying a new Gen 5 Glock which probably will be Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Now make the gen 5 G20 and G21.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post