SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Wilson Combat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Wilson Combat Login/Join 
posted
What do we think? Worth that kind of money?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Saw it and it looks pretty tech. Did not see its price. It is a lot of extra work into the slide. Their grip mod I like much better than factory. When I see that toy like assembly which makes up its FCU, deal breaker. And I cannot warm up to the p250 button head cap screw in the slides rear. Many seem to like the 320 so you should get some positive feed back. Not my kinda side arm. Proven platform my butt.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their grip module is outstanding. I plan to buy several more.

I don't think I'd spend the money for a P320 from Wilson. Not that their products aren't top notch: they are. Reading over what's been done to the P320, however, it's mostly cosmetic, other than the grip module, which is ergonomic.

Trigger; go Grayguns. Other than that, sights.

I crowned all my P320 barrels, mostly because I got a wild hare and picked up a crowning kit. If I can ever make it home, and if I can get to a place to shoot, I'll find out if it was worth the time.

On the Full size P320's, I use the grayguns fat guide rod and custom tune the springs to my home rolled ammunition. It feels like a different pistol with the springs and guiderod. Still a lot less expensive than buying a "custom" P320 from Wilson, and their description didn't strike me as being very custom, other than some slide cuts (cosmetics).

For whatever it's worth, the Sig Legion P320 is probably one of the best deals they have going; you can't put together those features separately for close to what they're selling the pistol for. It's a great package deal, and the TXG tungsten grip is wonderful. Optics ready, X5 barrel, etc. I'd go for the Legion pistol long before I'd jump on the Wilson, but that's just me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David,

I have extensively shot the P320 and have several incantations. I just do not know if I can justify 1200 bucks.., big leap.

I own a P320 X5. GREAT gun.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Lordy, that X5 Legion 320 is 900 bucks. It is way nicer than the Wilson.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I will stay out of the p320 threads from here on guys. Shoot them well and have good luck with them.

posted Hide Post
One would have to be a real Wilson Loyalist to through down $1200 for that offering.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge wilson fan, and I have several of their pistols. I also have two of their 320 grips and think they are amazing grips. I actually shoot my 320s better with them. They don't slip on me.

Having said that, I don't think this is anywhere near worth the money. It's basically a stock 320 with a $65.00 grip and a very expensive machining job done to the slide.

If Wilson made the internals (read their bullet proof line) for the slide, then I'd be all over this, but all they've done is machined the slide. Not even close to worth it imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I'm a huge wilson fan, and I have several of their pistols. I also have two of their 320 grips and think they are amazing grips. I actually shoot my 320s better with them. They don't slip on me.

Having said that, I don't think this is anywhere near worth the money. It's basically a stock 320 with a $65.00 grip and a very expensive machining job done to the slide.

If Wilson made the internals (read their bullet proof line) for the slide, then I'd be all over this, but all they've done is machined the slide. Not even close to worth it imo.

So I was able to get my hands on one of these grips, I am eager to put it up against the gray guns grip I have, we shall see....

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

posted Hide Post
I have to admit, I like it. I just don't think I like it $1200 worth, since it is essentially just a cosmetics package to a regular Sig P320.

The slide machining looks cool and different, and the Wilson Combat grip module is fantastic. I just added one to my Sig X-Carry, and while I used to love the standard X-Carry grip, once you try the WC grip you'll never go back.

So basically you get a stock Sig P320 with some neat slide machining and a $65 grip module for $1200. Nice gun but there are just too many others out there for that kind of money or less that are better. For that money WC should have made the trigger package standard instead of charging another $150 for it.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:

So I was able to get my hands on one of these grips, I am eager to put it up against the gray guns grip I have, we shall see....

My Grayguns sculpted grip modues are x-frames, and I like them quite a bit.

The Wilson grip module is entirely new, rather than a re-textured Sig frame, so the ergonomics are different. The frame is closer to a small in size, rather than the medium that's most common. It's thinner in the web of the hand, graduating to thicker toward the front of the side of the grip, and more aggressively textured. The magwell area is slightly flared, akin to the Gen 5 glock grip frame. The trigger guard is rounded, more like a 1911.

I really like the Wilson frame. Enough so I'd like to add several more, but they've been perpetually sold out every time I check. The frame feels smaller; it feels like a compact frame, even though mine takes 17 round magazines and it feels better proportioned than the Sig factory version.

I've used mine to shoot IDPA matches, and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

The Grayguns sculpted grip modules are just the right amount of texture, not grippy against clothing, but providing perfect purchase. They're also attractive in appearance. To me, they lend a fancier engraved lock to a polymer frame, but a functional one. At some point I'm going to put one on my P365.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The gun is as expensive or more expensive than the Brigadier Tactical and the Centurion Tactical. Both of those Berettas are metal guns with all metal parts. The trigger “upgrade” is the same GrayGuns kit any of us can buy for $150.

So buy a P320 full size ($700), a Wilson Grip Frame ($70), and spend the other $425 on a custom slide you like that has an option for an optic cut or a better trigger (GrayGuns kit about $150).

I’m OK with a little bit of the Wilson Tax, but this is absurd.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If you own a P320, get a WC frame for it. Otherwise, opt for a P320 Legion. Better value

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the WC grip modules are a step up from the X-frames too, or about the same?

Posts: 2 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It’s going to be a personal preference. I personally like the Wilson grip better, but it’s not a quality thing, it’s a hand size/shape thing.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by -167-:
So the WC grip modules are a step up from the X-frames too, or about the same?

The Wilson grips are more of a return to the factory original grip, with much better texture and some subtle changes that make all the difference.

The factory original grip was really good. The X-grip is a significant improvement, although it does feel a bit more blockish. The Wilson grip feels more slender than the original, and varies throughout the grip, is more narrow at the backstrap, slightly smaller circumference, much better grip texture, rounded trigger guard, and slightly flared for a magwell.

It depends what you're doing with the gun. The whole idea of the P320 is modularity; mix and match. The wilson grip feels much smaller to me than the carry grip, though they're both made for a 17 round magazine. To me it feels more like a compact grip. For a carry concealed pistol, it's great.