SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Used P229R 40.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used P229R 40. Login/Join 
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted
Wow, I know there are a lot of police trade in SIG 40s out there BUT...

I just bought a very nice, used P229 Nitron for $375 from a LGS. (I really feel sorry for the poor sap that sold/traded it to them).

Other than the usual light smiley on the barrel you can't tell this thing has been shot.

This is the current model, current slide, rail, with night sights that are still bright.

Only draw backs... Only 1 mag, Hogue rubber grips (I have a set of standard plastic 2 piece grips for it in my SIG parts box), as well as a short reach trigger (which I just don't personally care for).

I'm not a huge fan of 40S&W but I already have a P229-1 in 9mm as well as a P229 Legacy in .357 SIG, so it fills a gap.

I may just get a 9mm caliber Xchange kit for it and turn it into a P229-1 in 9mm.

Folks, get out there and grab up all those nice used SIG police trade-ins. For those of us that remember all the really low priced S&W 3rd Gen all steel autos that were floating around in the early 2000s and didn't buy enough of them, I think this is the same situation and it doesn't last forever.

$375 for a used P229, I'll buy 'em all day long folks. LOL

Sorry, no pictures. Since Photobucket took a crap on us, and since this site refuses to allow direct picture attachments within a post I can't post any pictures here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John3200,

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Where are you located? If a dal like that were to be found in my neck of the woods, I'd be all over that like mayonnaise on a tomater sammich.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wow that's a damn good deal you got there.

I want a P229 in .40/.357. Had one in .40 many years ago but sold it to buy something else.

Only Sigs I have are a 1911, P938 and the wife has a P238. No classic P series Sig in my stable now.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
For that price, I wouldn't have hesitated one second.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you find it (state/city)? I've been looking around here for a couple years with no luck.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Great find !

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Haven’t you heard? Those are useless, anachronistic dinosaurs. DA/SA and in .40 S&W!!!!! You might as well be running Colt SAA’s.

.40 DA/SA ........ rube!!! Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
In case the sarcasm wasn’t laid on thick enough. Awesome buy on a gun MADE IN HEAVEN for the .40. Enjoy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with 40 s&w, nothing...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Nothing wrong with 40 s&w, nothing...

Everything about guns is compromise.

40S&W gains a marginal amount of power but gives up capacity and is more costly.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Right now factory 40S&W practice ammo for me is about 15% more expensive than 9mm; I can live with that. The difference is significantly less than it was when I first decided to change to 40S&W as my carry caliber 8 yrs ago when the difference in cost between the two was often 40 to 50 percent.

Of the 6 to 7 different 40S&W handgun models that I still own, my early P229 is my favorite handgun to shoot in that caliber. Relatively soft on recoil and easy to control, at least in SA. Could use a lighter mainspring though; its DA pull is the definition of heavy and for me not conducive for fast, accurate shots. Far different than the DA pull on my latest P229, the TALO Classic Carry 9mm that I picked up last year.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Nice find. Because of this thread I dug up my AE P229 that I had converted to a p228 with the parts kit I got from twogunjay a while back. It deserves to see the range soon. I didn't particularly care for it in 357 Sig for some reason.

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where you wearing a ski mask when you made that deal? Cause you practically stole it. Smile Good for you. I purchased a .40 Cal 226 for about the same price in 2010. It was the nicest shooting .40 I ever shot. Congrats on a great buy!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a lot of .40 handguns. If I didn't, however, I'd start using the cartridge if the right deal came along. The P226 and P229 are excellent choices, and with the number of surplus firearms available in .40 right now, I can't imagine not taking advantage.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:

$375 for a used P229, I'll buy 'em all day long folks.

Heck, I don't think I could pass that one up either.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun at an awesome price!

Try using postimage.org. So easy to upload pix.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post