SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Adhesive grip panels for P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adhesive grip panels for P320 Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
During qualifications with my P320C last week, my hands started slipping around on the grip a little from the high heat and perspiration.

How well do adhesive grip panels stay on (and what brand)—-or should I think about stippling the grip module with a heating tool?

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem with my P320C, and installed a set of Talon Grips. I've used those with good results on several other handguns with slippery polymer grips (Gen 2/3 Glocks, Gen 1 M&Ps, Polymer Kahrs, etc.), and they performed well on the P320C as well.

However, once I switched over to the X-Carry/X-Compact grips, I no longer needed any additional aftermarket help to keep a firm grip.

In my experience, Talon Grips stay put fairly well, as long as they're installed correctly. You need to follow the instructions to the letter, including cleaning and degreasing the grip area with alcohol beforehand, wearing nitrile gloves during the process to prevent re-contaminating the grip area with skin oil, and finally finishing with heat and pressure to seal it onto the grip area. (I use the wife's hair dryer.)

With heavy use, some of the corners will sometimes start to peel up after a while, but if that does happen it's cheap and simple to remove the peeling adhesive grip and apply a new one at that time.

So while it's not as permanent/durable as stippling, adhesive grips are cheaper, and faster/easier to DIY.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Also available for Sig P320 and P320 Compact

Feature;
Gentle palm swell
Finger Grooves naturally position fingers for optimal grip.
Textured with Hogues Cobblestone pattern for increase confort and grip.
Beavertail cushions the hand on recoil and offers increased hand comfort higher in the grip.
Made from long lasting durable thermoplastic elastomer that ages gracefully for years of service.
Designed for a tight and secure fit engaging with the texture and contours of the firearms frame.

Available in many colors

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Honestly the Hogue options above will be more secure and fill the hand better, but I feel the grip on the 320 is plenty thick so I opted for the thinnest possibility and went with Talons as I have so many times before.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have Talons on my old P220 that had worn and slippery factory grips.
Works great and very slim too. Talon also sells sheets of grip material so you can DIY a grip to your needs.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Honestly the Hogue options above will be more secure and fill the hand better, but I feel the grip on the 320 is plenty thick

Yeah, that's the main drawback to Hogue's slip-on rubber grips. Great products, which I've used on a number of guns, but not always the best option due to the additional girth. Adhesive grips are thinner.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm running several of the grayguns sculpted grips now. I finally got a chance to get to a steel shoot today, so used the grayguns sculpted TXG x-grip, which worked great, and got a lot of comments from other shooters.

I don't like the idea of adhesive grip materials; I never have.

The Hogue sleeve above will absolutely not slip and are widely recognized and used all over.

The grip texturing done by grayguns is the best looking I've seen, but more importantly, it's the right combo of grip and not too much.

If you haven't tried the x-grip yet, there are several models, and they're all great.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The HOGUE 'Beavertail' grip sleeve is a bit PITA to put on but it doesn't move around. Use WINDEX or something slippery and it's much easier to install. It looks good.

I recently purchased one but had to take it off after a range session. It's in the holster box.

If you have large hands it'll work great. My hands are smaller. The sleeve made the grip just a little to large in circumference. The same type of sleeve on my P365 is excellent.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post