SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone use magguts and a +1 extension on your Glock 42?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone use magguts and a +1 extension on your Glock 42? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I had this set up a few years back. When I had it, it worked great.

It worked fine with the original mags. After I sent it back for some warranty work they sent me new mags. The set up no longer worked.

Well, fastforward, I traded that 42 off. Now, I saw the error of my ways and got another 42. Still love this little guy.

I am just curious if anyone is running the magguts and an extension to get 8+1? Its not earth shattering but it was nice to have a nine shot little gun.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
No experience with that model Glock, but have the +1's in several of my Ruger LC9s pistols.

No problems, a worthy upgrade.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I have a +2 version for a Shield ( so I'll have 8 +2 +1 in the chamber) on the way so I'll be able to tell you in a week or so.
There are a lot of reviews that seem to be good for the reliability of these and most of the issues were for getting them assembled. Lots of youtubes showing them being installed.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I have a +2 version for a Shield ( so I'll have 8 +2 +1 in the chamber) on the way so I'll be able to tell you in a week or so.
There are a lot of reviews that seem to be good for the reliability of these and most of the issues were for getting them assembled. Lots of youtubes showing them being installed.

If they aren't assembled correctly, there will be malfunctions. One small error causes it. It happened to me, after contacting MagGuts, they pointed ou my error after telling them what kind of jams I had.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Guys. I remember that the magguts didn't work with the Pearce +1 when I got the new mags from Glock.

I can't remember what my older mags were, revision wise. They maybe didn't have any revision or were 01 or 02.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have seen a lot of you tube videos but only of a magazine +0 extension with the magguts.

posted Hide Post
I use magguts+1 with a Glock pinky extension works great

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have the Magguts spring/follower setup in my magazine for my Kahr CW380 which gives me 8 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense .380 out of a tiny package and I love it.

From what I've heard, Kahr stock magazines can be notoriously unreliable and this completely eliminates that factor.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Glock 42 mags with the MagGuts setup. They have worked fine. I trust them.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Do they have just the magguts and no + extension on the mag?

quote:
Originally posted by babue:
I have two Glock 42 mags with the MagGuts setup. They have worked fine. I trust them.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, I wondered if adding MagGuts would work back when Pearce first started coming out with their +1's, I just never got around to trying it. Edifying to know that at least for a while, it did. Looking forward to someone who can confirm whether it works now or not.

Benner, do you know what revision your magazines are that this trick doesn't work with? I still have the original early non-revision factory mags for mine, and a number of 01's.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I cannot recall but my first mags had to be no revision or 01.
I recently traded for an 02 revision and I’m thinking I may go ahead and try the magguts/Pearce +1.
I really wish I had an 01 and no revision as I wouldn’t hesitate to go for this again. I always felt good with the 8+1 with minimal extension.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You know, I wondered if adding MagGuts would work back when Pearce first started coming out with their +1's, I just never got around to trying it. Edifying to know that at least for a while, it did. Looking forward to someone who can confirm whether it works now or not.

Benner, do you know what revision your magazines are that this trick doesn't work with? I still have the original early non-revision factory mags for mine, and a number of 01's.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Do they have just the magguts and no + extension on the mag?

quote:
Originally posted by babue:

Sorry should have posted that they do not have an extension. I have a Ghost extender on one mag but no MagGuts in that one.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just got a chance to try out mine today and they worked perfectly with a variety of ammo brands and types (Winchester, Federal, and Geco ball & Gold Dots).
My Shield has gone from 8+1 to 10+1 and the difference in overall length isn't noticeable at all.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I may try the magguts I just ordered with my strike industries plus two.

Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get the MG stuff to run.

To be fair, I couldn't get any of the three G42's I've owned to run reliably. Was incredibly frustrating because I love the gun and have a storage box full of extra mags and holsters.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That is frustrating. I guess I’ve been lucky. Both mine have been good. If you ever want to get rid of any of that stuff please let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
I couldn't get the MG stuff to run.

To be fair, I couldn't get any of the three G42's I've owned to run reliably. Was incredibly frustrating because I love the gun and have a storage box full of extra mags and holsters.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I finally received my magguts yesterday. I put them in one of my 03 revision OEM mags with a Pearce plus one. Everything worked perfectly, as far as assembly. I now have 8+1 in my 42. Small footprint I feel for that many rounds.

I haven’t test fired it yet. I will. The ones I had years ago all test fired perfectly. I hope for the same.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I took the 42 out on a quick range trip this afternoon. I used only the mag with the Pearce plus one and magguts. Not a single hiccup. Good to go in my book. Love this little gun.