SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a SIG 320
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a SIG 320 Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The bore axis of the P320 is very similar to the 1911 bore axis. Yet no one complains of high bore axis on the 1911s.

I dunno...maybe it's all that steel they use in a typical 1911. Keeps lotsa folks happier than campers, certainly more than plastic...er, polymer...it certainly seems. The HBA of classic P-SIGs occasionally gets cited by naysayers as well, yet given how they actually shoot rarely does anyone complain about extraneous recoil/muzzle flip...(unless it's 'gawd-awful' 40 Roll Eyes)...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as striker fired pistols go my Glocks have served me well. No need to change for me.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as striker fired pistols go my Glocks have served me well. No need to change for me.

Glocks have served me well and still do,but that's no reason to not try something else out as well. I didn't buy a P320 as a "change" from Glock but rather as an addition to. To me it's not "either/or", so the more the merrier.

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I owned a P320 subcompact. Sold it, didn't care for it much.

So far, the Subcompact has been my least favorite of the different P320s. It doesn't feel as good in my hand as the Compact/Carry/Full. It seems like the shape of the grip is different. (All were tested with Medium sized grips.)

In addition, a bigger issue is the abbreviated beavertail. The corner of the stubby beavertail on the Subcompact grip modules digs into my hand, and transmits recoil right into the bones at the base of my thumb, which makes it less comfortable to shoot than the Compact/Carry/Full grips with the full beavertail.

I hope someone eventually releases a Subcompact grip module that has the full beavertail on it...

quote:
Originally posted by RUT:
Glocks have served me well and still do,but that's no reason to not try something else out as well. I didn't buy a P320 as a "change" from Glock but rather as an addition to. To me it's not "either/or", so the more the merrier.

My thoughts exactly.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Giving the Compact another chance. Picked this one up yesterday. Cold group at 15 yards.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
[QUOTE]

I hope someone eventually releases a Subcompact grip module that has the full beavertail on it...

JB Weld is a wonderful thing.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Giving the Compact another chance. Picked this one up yesterday. Cold group at 15 yards.

Bummer that your first compact didn't work out for you. I love mine and shoot it very well (for me). I am sure you will be very happy with the new one.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope this one will be more like the Sig experience we are accustomed to. My 320c had some hiccups until I replaced all the bits related to the extractor, and it's been great ever since.

It's funny how I can pick up the 320 and just chew out the sweet spot on the target, make steel ring, or clear a plate rack with such ease. With the exception of shooting my 226 in 9mm in single action, I don't think I shoot any gun so well. And, if any other gun bests the 320 in my hands, the difference is very, very slim.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for public stupidity
posted Hide Post
I want to use the gun in IDPA Optic Division. The 320 with the SIG Optic should be a winning combination.

Posts: 33 | Location: Terrace, B.C. Canada | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
The bore axis of the P320 is very similar to the 1911 bore axis. Yet no one complains of high bore axis on the 1911s.

I dunno...maybe it's all that steel they use in a typical 1911. Keeps lotsa folks happier than campers, certainly more than plastic...er, polymer...it certainly seems. The HBA of classic P-SIGs occasionally gets cited by naysayers as well, yet given how they actually shoot rarely does anyone complain about extraneous recoil/muzzle flip...(unless it's 'gawd-awful' 40 Roll Eyes)...

I don't complain about extraneous recoil or muzzle flip with my P229. And it is chambered in gawd-awful .40 S&W.

The P229 handles .40 S&W and 357 SIG better than any other pistol I have yet shot chambered in those calibers.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'm passing on the P320. It didn't feel comfortable in my hand.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robertbank:
I want to use the gun in IDPA Optic Division. The 320 with the SIG Optic should be a winning combination.

That is what I want to do.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've avoided the boss' command of 'you will buy a glock' thus far, but 12% off $470 got a 320c to follow me home today. Been eyeballing one for a while & it feels better in my hand than G19/XD/etc. Now to sneak it past the wife...

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I never realized so many people bought into the IDIOTIC, RETARDED bore axis bullshit.

Bonjour..

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have the p320c but I will also get a full size at some point. I am really enjoying the pistol design.

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
I never realized so many people bought into the IDIOTIC, RETARDED bore axis bullshit.

Bonjour..

That's the argument folks come up with when they can't think of anything else. LOL

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I grind the Compact & Full Size grip Beavertail down to the SubCompact profile. Each person has a different hand configuration & the thing I like about the grip module it is cheap & I can shape it to my hand, finger length & thumb size.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Boreaxis assumes a vertical pivot point exists?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congrats! I am loving my compact, and both of my sons like it as well. I am going to pick up another one soon.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes....I did....and I sold it.....staying w/ classic P series DA/SA #dinosaur

Posts: 203 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post