SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a SIG 320
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a SIG 320 Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: You will buy a SIG 320

I doubt it. I'm a SAO guy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8923 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Try one you might like it. It's the closest I've experienced to a 1911 SAO, albeit a heavier pull weight but weight can be lightened. Very consistent trigger.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I rented a relatively new one (< 600 rounds through it) and fired a box of fifty, while three friends watched and asked my opinion.

Nice trigger? Yes.
Nice pistol? Yes.

Gonna order one? No.

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew about the p320 but I was never really interested. The other day I saw a compact model at the LGS and asked to handle it. I was surprised at how good the grip felt and how naturally it pointed but best of all was the trigger. It was really nice. Better that a VP9 and as good and maybe better than a PPQ. I'm extremely tempted to invest my tax return on one.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the sub compact small module. You give up 3 rounds but it is a very shootable and small package. Might be my favorite. Maybe.

I might buy another 320.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has the P320 RX on sale for $720 and I have a $50 gift card from Xmas. I ordered one yesterday and should pick it up next week.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
Cabelas has the P320 RX on sale for $720 and I have a $50 gift card from Xmas. I ordered one yesterday and should pick it up next week.

That's what I did - the stainless slide version with the romeo optic. Was $719 and then I cashed in the gift cards I've been piling up from birthdays/Christmas/etc - brought it down to $390 out of pocket. The trigger seems much better (smoother) than my earlier 320C as well.

Now I just need to find a holster for it...

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:

That's what I did - the stainless slide version with the romeo optic. Was $719 and then I cashed in the gift cards I've been piling up from birthdays/Christmas/etc - brought it down to $390 out of pocket. The trigger seems much better (smoother) than my earlier 320C as well.

Now I just need to find a holster for it...

Yep same pistol, I believe the bare stainless slide is a Cabelas exclusive.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've handled the full size P320 previously, and it left me with "Meh".
And today at the LGS, the P320 Compact and the Subcompact. One with the Apex trigger and the other with the stock trigger. Still "Meh". Grips suck. Triggers suck. Seriously, I don't know what all this hoopla is about.

I hope the new X-320 will be much better, with its new grip and trigger. Because I'm kind of having my eye on the X-Carry.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Have you spent any time shooting a P320?? I felt mostly the same way until I actually fired one and it was instant love for me.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well despite what the marketing folks and lawyers claim, the P320 is single action only.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'll let you in on a little secret, striker is much closer to SAO (without manual safety) than lots of people want to admit.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Yep. Tis true. That is why I will appendix j frames and single stack DA/SA but I cringe every time I watch a video of appendix + glock. To each his own but not for me.

Back on topic. I noticed upon one of my numerous takedowns that there is a rubber O ring on the takedown lever. I only know this because a chunk fell out and it took me a month minute to find the source. Here is my concern, is this O ring just to keep things snug or is it required?

I.e., if the O ring fails during fire will this cause the takedown lever to migrate and bind the action?

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'll let you in on a little secret, striker is much closer to SAO (without manual safety) than lots of people want to admit.

quote:

Re: "without manual safety".
Aye, there's the rub.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8923 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ezra
posted Hide Post
I have two, both in 9mm. A carry model which shoots great and a full size I just picked up and have yet to fire. I find them remarkably ergonomic. Excellent pistol.

Ez

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ezra,

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee”

- Herman Melville -

Posts: 5655 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re: "without manual safety".
Aye, there's the rub.

*ahem*

Next excuse? Big Grin

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Beautiful day today; 75ish and sunny. Put another 100 rounds of 124 grain +P Federal HST and 200 rounds of 124 grain Winchester NATO through my P320 9mm Compact/Carry, to ensure the new HD sights were correctly installed and centered. Still no hiccups.

After several hundred rounds through both configurations, I think I prefer the Carry grip module. The Compact is nice for carrying concealed, but the ever so slightly longer grip (0.2") of the Carry module isn't much harder to conceal, and makes for a more comfortable grip with my large monkey paws. I just wish 17 round mags were easier to come by...

The way it's going, I believe the P320 Compact/Carry will replace my Gen 2 G19 as one of my off duty carry guns. I'll likely qualify with it this summer.

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Took some photos this morning to help illustrate the handiness of the P320's modularity.

Take a P320 Compact, add a couple extra $40 grip modules and some spare $35 magazines, and you end up with an extremely versatile handgun. Basically 3 handguns in one.

In just a few seconds, I can go from any of these configurations to any other, to fit my size/capacity needs. And they all use the same P320 Compact holsters, so there's no need to buy all new holsters.

Black P320 Carry grip - 17+1 rounds

OD Green P320 Compact grip - 15+1 rounds

FDE P320 Subcompact railed grip - 12+1 rounds

Then, with the help of extended magazines or some X-grip adapters, you have even further flexibility, with the option of carrying higher capacity spare magazines.

P320 Carry with extended magazine - 21+1 rounds

P320 Compact with Full Size/Carry magazine and X-Grip adapter - Same grip length as the Carry - 17+1 rounds

P320 Subcompact with Compact magazine and X-Grip adapter - Same grip length as the Compact - 15+1 rounds

posted Hide Post
Stopped by the shop I got my 320 from the day after Pres. Trump's inauguration. Sold out of 320s. Only Xchange kits seen were for 40 compacts, and one 9 FS. Time for a second shift in Exeter, NH? Smile

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You will buy this" and "You will buy that". I'm so tired of this stuff! You think that just because there's some cool new toy out there, I'm going to have to rush out and get one. Like your opinions have any effect on how I'm going to...

Wait.

What's that?

Ummmm... Never mind....

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post