SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen4/5 Glock backstraps. Aftermarket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen4/5 Glock backstraps. Aftermarket Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Does anybody sell just the backstraps with enhanced texture? I’m not a big fan of stippling, or sending my gun off for weeks to get work done. I just think I could use a bit more traction on the backstrap.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The only aftermarket backstrap that comes to mind is the Grip Force adapter. But those use standard Gen 4-style texture.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the Grip Force parts on mine but they are not as secure/solid feeling as the gen 4 or 5 back straps. Some people have cut down the smaller back straps on the gen 4 so that it locks on like Grip Force but does not go all the way down the bottom of the grip. I am debating on doing this to mine.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I have a couple of the Grip Force parts on mine but they are not as secure/solid feeling as the gen 4 or 5 back straps. Some people have cut down the smaller back straps on the gen 4 so that it locks on like Grip Force but does not go all the way down the bottom of the grip. I am debating on doing this to mine.

I did this on my G34 and G19. I was thinking more of an oem backstrap that has been textured more aggressive than the stock polymid grip texture.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think about using grip tape?

I'm not a fan of skate board tape, the grit wears off too fast. I've been using 3M "No skid" tape. They make it for stairs, ladders and such. I think I needed to replace it after (-/+) 5 years...
All you need is a pair of scissors and rubber bands.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Think about using grip tape?

I'm not a fan of skate board tape, the grit wears off too fast. I've been using 3M "No skid" tape. They make it for stairs, ladders and such. I think I needed to replace it after (-/+) 5 years...
All you need is a pair of scissors and rubber bands.

Yeah, that and talon granulate. I tried on carry guns and it was too clingy to my shirt.

TCB all the time...

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Talon's rubber option?

It's less aggressive than their granulate grip tape, which is rough like skateboard tape. The rubber option is more like a Hogue slip-on grip - slightly tacky and slightly textured.

Like you, I'm not a fan of the granulate texture. But I have rubber texture Talons on a couple guns, including my M&P9c and Kahr PM9.

I also put some on my Yeti tumbler, because it was sometimes a bit too slippery. Big Grin

I just checked, and I have a small 2" x 4" sheet of it left over. If you'll email me your address, I'll mail it to you, and you can give it a try on your Glock backstrap.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post