SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do You Have A Suggestion For A Soft Pistol Case?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Have A Suggestion For A Soft Pistol Case? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I'm looking for a moderately priced slim case that will hold a pistol and a few magazines for range trips.

Not a range bag to hold a lot of gear, just a pistol and a few magazines.

Suggestions?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30642 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, My email is in my profile. I have an extra one I'll send you. It's made by Raven. Holds 2 pistols and holds 10 magazines. Pockets in the front for whatever crap you want to put in it. Very slim.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few friends that use this Midway case.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...tactical-pistol-case

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I have some IShot and Wilson ones, but the Midway ones do the same thing for less money.

Good value. They also go on sale once in a while.

I leave the mags in the cases and when it's range time the gun goes in and off I go.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Maxpedition makes a good one.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this Boyt case:

https://boytharness.com/produc...se-1911-style-autos/

It has a quilted flannel interior, a large external pocket on one side and four magazine pockets on the other side.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do not know what area you reside but he Chantilly VA Gun show has some that are reasonably priced. I also picked some smilar ones up from Amazon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've owned several, not one of which that I actually bought on its own merits. All were 'acquired' when I bought someone's used gun. All were more or less the same, but the UTG 'Homeland Security' case that came with a Glock was actually pretty nice. It was the only one I kept for a time; the rest I took to the shop and gave them away to customers or coworkers. But even the UTG outlived its usefulness; I finally gave it to family friend who was just getting into shooting and desired something more useful than the factory cardboard box for her new Ruger pistol.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, Got your email. I'm out of town but will be home later. For some reason my emails will not send. I will get it shipped tomorrow

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Sounds as though you’re all fixed up, but I really like this 5.11 soft pistol case:

www.511tactical.com/single-pistol-case.html

It has five mag slots and will take either my SIG X5 Competition or my Beretta 87 Target (in a separate compartment).

Durable materials, well made, zippers move freely.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has pretty much already been covered, but Midway, Boyt, Maxpedition, depending on how much you want to spend. I have all three, and they all have their advantages. Midway has the most space, Boyt has the best fit/finish, and Maxpedition is the most durable.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
LA Police Gear has some that fits your description.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Snug Rug or Boyt, are what I prefer. The Snug Rug I have only holds 1 extra mag, though I'm pretty sure some have an outside pocket for multiple mags.

Boyt just exudes quality from every pore.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5148 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I like this Boyt case:

https://boytharness.com/produc...se-1911-style-autos/

It has a quilted flannel interior, a large external pocket on one side and four magazine pockets on the other side.

Got one of these 12 years ago as a groomsman gift and it gets used constantly.
Great quality.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
NCStar (ugh, yes, them) actually has a decent double pisto case that I purchased recently and it is good enough. I can fit two SIG P229s with lights and a bunch of mags. Here is one for $10 and free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/p/NcSTAR-...047675.c100012.m1985

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post