SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    232-380-S-Gold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

232-380-S-Gold Login/Join 
posted
I am thinking of selling this pistol and looked it up on the forum's Gun of the Month List. It is listed there as the Dec. 2003 model and having Hogue wood grips. I also own the 232 SL model on which I installed Nills wood grips. The two sets of grips are identical. I am assuming the Gun of the Month list is mistaken about the Hogue's. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
Robert

Posts: 80 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
found this....

"The original came with two sets of grips, the Hogues and the Nills as well as a
second set of gold plated grip screws. The "official" description that I have seen on a number of sites states
that the pistol came with Hogue wood grips, however mine are Nill Griffe and every other one that I seen
obviously are the same as mine so maybe it is a mistake or a certain number came with the Nill grips and
the rest came with Hogues."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
BTW...got a pic of it? I have a set of walnut grips from a P230SL....factory ones. Just wondering how they compare.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I am photo challenged so unable to respond with a picture. However, mine came with what I believe to be Nills wood grips along with a set of rubber grips. Both have their own pair of gold plated screws.

Posts: 80 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Nill grips are always stamped on the reverse side

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
shoot me an email with pics and I'll be happy to post them (click on my profile for address)