SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grips for HiPower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grips for HiPower? Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Does anyone have a silver or 2 tone hipower with VZ or another aftermarket grip on it?

Would like to see a pic before deciding on color.

Found a pair of Hipowers last week and they need some new shoes.....and sights.

(side note, I swapped frames/slides on these and think they look much better that way...Browning got it backwards)

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite for using/shooting (as opposed to looking-at) has been the Butler Creek/Uncle Mikes copies of the Craig Spegal design. Of course, being a practical design at a reasonable price, they're no longer made and can be expensive when found. Here on a recently-acquired Tisas Regent BR9 Stainless:

(Holy crap, there's a lot of dog hair on that blanket!)

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only have blue hi powers.
In my opinion, the only perfect grips are Craig Spegals.
He has a lifetime supply of cocobolo, which is hard to come by.
Down side is he is about a year out.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This guy in Hungary makes really nice grips for a wide variety of pistols including the BHP. I had a set from him for a Bersa once that were beautiful:

Marschal Grips - BHP

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is too bad about the Uncle Mike's having been discontinued years ago. I have a set and they are outstanding. The Pachmayr rubber wrap around style is another good choice.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The Pachmayr rubber wrap around style is another good choice.

I cut the front strap off of them, and grind down the peak of the 'thumbrests'.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I put a set of checkered LOK grips in blue and black on my .40 S&W BHP and they look as good as they feel IMHO. They have a bit of a palm swell and feel just right. LOK's prices are also very reasonable. https://lokgrips.com/browning

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I put a set of checkered LOK grips in blue and black on my .40 S&W BHP and they look as good as they feel IMHO. They have a bit of a palm swell and feel just right. LOK's prices are also very reasonable. https://lokgrips.com/browning

Is that the no bite Commander hammer from C&S?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

Not sure who's the maker of that hammer, since it came on the pistol when I bought it. Works well for me though.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are Hogue's...good fit, and nice wood. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the navidrex or whatever it is called sold by Brownells are nice Spegal knockoffs,

I have a pair of rosewood looking grips on an older blued high power

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

This Hi Power is wearing the C&S "no bite" hammer. I never had a problem with the spur hammer on my 2010 Browning but wanted to try a ring hammer. The grips on this FN are the rosewood from Navidrex. I originally bought them to replace the micarta Navidrex grips I put on the Browning but they wouldn't fit. Dropped right on this 1994 FN though. My only guess is the newer Browning is the cast frame and the FN is the forged frame (although the micarta Navidrex fit both fine). The FN is a MK III but lacks the firing pin safety also. I read that Israeli contract guns were like this.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
https://esmeralda.cc/ I have several of hers for j frames and 1911’s. Very good quality. I know she makes BHP grips as well.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:
https://esmeralda.cc/ I have several of hers for j frames and 1911’s. Very good quality. I know she makes BHP grips as well.

Not anymore.

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post