SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P-210 Target Inbound
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P-210 Target Inbound Login/Join 
posted
I finally found a decent price for an in-stock P-210 that I had been coveting for a while.

I hadn't moved on buying one because my older German Mastershop X5-L1 has served me fine for the very limited use I've had for it.

But I knew if I started using it much again and anything broke, I'd be SOL trying to get it easily and economically fixed. I understand Sig USA may NOT have parts available for the older German Guns.

So.....with a birthday coming up....and getting to be an aging olde fart..I figured "Make it Happen" sooner rather than later.

I've been following a website for a while tracking their P-210 availablity, and got shut out whenever they'd report having one in stock. Finally I got an "In-Stock" notice and acted IMMEDIATELY.

Got the order in before anyone else could, got it paid for and got my FFL to contact the seller for shipping info. GOT IT DONE and hope to have it over the next few days.

Wonder how it will compare to my German Masterhop X5-L1?

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. This aging old fart has had one for several months now, and and it has not disappointed. I would never claim the 210A to be the be all and end all, or better than this or that pistol in a similar price range, but the fit, finish, trigger and accuracy have exceeded my expectations. I think you'll find fit, finish, accuracy,etc. of your new gun to be quite similar to your X-5. The 210A does have MIM internal parts, but I've experienced no issues with mine in 700 rounds or so of use over the last several months.

I had an X-5 too, and agree the parts situation with those fine pistols might be an issue should anything break.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new P210A – a very fine pistol.

I shoot my X5 Comp with no worries. It’s a very robust design. Heck, I know guys that regularly shoot pistols that have been out of production for decades.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8855 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Good choice, drshame.
I collect P210s old and new and while many gun snobs will dump on this U.S made P210 gun without ever firing it, I think that this pistol is a steal for the money.

Had some fun with this one. Hard chromed by APW Cogan. Nitre blue parts by Bunker Arms and trigger tuned by Robert Burke (thesigarmorer.com). Out of the box my total pull was 3.25 - 3.50 and once the take up was eliminated, the stock trigger was 'breaking' between 2.5 to 2.75 lbs. After Robert was done with his work - it now breaks barely at 2.25 or less which makes it a great target shooter.

Congrats again and enjoy it !

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!
What a great looking P-210.
Congrats on the fine work.

I just put my first 100 rounds thru my P-210A-9 Tgt. It shot dead on POA-POI at 10 yards...with my S&B 115 FMJ Ammo. It did have one early light strike/non-ignition.

The magazine release needed to be depressed to get the mags in. Sig says shoot more and use more force to get it seated until it's broken- in more.

The trigger was exceptional, and the weight of the pistol made shooting it painless and enjoyable.
Fit & Finish is flawless...and the match grips were dark and sharply cut. Aside from esthetics,they feel like they were molded for my big paws.

The slide/action feels buttery smooth. I can't imagine the tolerances demanded for this target gun.

At the end of the day, I saw no wear marks on the rails or "smilies" on the barrel. Hope it stays that way.

Popping the slide release off to clean it afterwards was a treat and took a little time. The only thibg going thru my mind was "Don;t leave an idiot mark on a brand new gun"!

Fortunately its; noty like the 911's design and requires no rotation into the frame that can leave a scratch.

I'm looking forward to more range tiome. Sig tells me they use 124Grn ammo ion it for their interanal tests, and I'll either locad up some match-grade 124's or break down and buy some quality ammo for it.

This is probably a boringly-repetitive review you've read before of this fine Pistol. But it's well deserved, imho.

Congats to Sig, and a Big Thumbs Up to "Grab A Gun" for their fair price, excellent communications and fast/fair shipping.

Up next: Holsters, Gun Cases and possible spare mags. Never ends.

By the way, a range-buddy had a fully tricked- out Double Action Match CZ.
Very sweet gun.
But after shooting the new P-210...he wasn't as happy with it as he was before.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
Good choice, drshame.
I collect P210s old and new and while many gun snobs will dump on this U.S made P210 gun without ever firing it, I think that this pistol is a steal for the money.

I think that was more true before people got a chance to handle/shoot one just based on perception. Now that several members on various forums have not only shot the P210A and own several other non American made P210A's the bias has diminished because of such a beautifully turned out pistol.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
Good choice, drshame.

I think that was more true before people got a chance to handle/shoot one just based on perception. Now that several members on various forums have not only shot the P210A and own several other non American made P210A's the bias has diminished because of such a beautifully turned out pistol.

I wish you were right, 1s1k.
As a big fan of P210 platform, I search for articles on various firearms forums or FB groups posts daily about P210 pistols. Trust me when I tell you that unfortunately there is still a TON of prejudice about the US-made P210A.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Break-In Range Report:

I've put about 200 rounds of S&B 115grn FMJ's downrange thru my P-210A-Tgt.

It's resulted in ragged big holes downrange, even in my hands with aging eyes.

Feeding, Ignition, Extraction have been flawless.

As the magazine and springs get broken in, I can now insert the mag directly into the mag well without it hanging on the mag-release catch...and it releases cleanly.

Thru my own negligence, I've had trouble trying to load rounds 9-10 into the mag and caught myself NOT REALIZING it's an 8 round pistol!

Operator error.

The trigger, which started off smooth and lite, is getting even smoother and lighter after putting more rounds down range.

The trigger has no creep and minimal travel. But I did fire off a few rounds pre-loading the trigger pull to the point of unexpected disengagement.

Operator error yet agaon, and those inadvertant holes outside the bullseye ruined a perfectly good "ragged hole"

See the Big Grin on my Face?

Once get a few more rounds downrange, I may try some accuracy handloads. What I'm making now are nore for my CCW Practice with minimal expectations of accuracy thru my Dillon 650.

Overal my April 2018 P-210-A TGT out of Sig USA is definatly the most accurate and sweet-shooting pistol I own....and that includes a Dave Pruitt heavily-modified old Kimber Classic Match Target with what used to be the best pistol trigger in my safe.

Can't wait for more range time and stretching back targets further downrange.