SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sellier & Bellot Ammo Failures Today—-***UPDATE*** It was the ammo, not my P320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sellier & Bellot Ammo Failures Today—-***UPDATE*** It was the ammo, not my P320 Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A while back, I was given hundreds of once-fired 9mm S&B brass and they were different from the Winchester, Federal, Speer casings I use. The primers were a bit more difficult to pop in there, always thought it was strange. But they fired just fine but didn't use them a 2nd time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rather than S&B for cheap practice ammo, I went with Fiocchi. Priced about the same and no mis-fires for me yet.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When S&B first became available, and for a number of years after, my employer bought it just for the problems it had. He thought it was the perfect training round to teach recoveries, but it was forbidden for duty. Failure to fire, squibs, key-holing, abysmal accuracy, you name it, S&B exhibited it.

That said, I have been buying it for years, since, because of the low price, and haven't had a problem in, well, years.

Bad batches of anything do escape QC once in a while. Maybe you got one. A friend ordered several thousand rounds of Aguila and found they all lacked powder. It happens.

I bought some 357Sig, don't remember the brand, and every third round or so saw the bullet pushed back into the case as it chambered. I do remember they made it right by replacing it.

I suggest contacting S&B or distributor for replacement.

Posts: 152 | Location: Waukesha Co, WI. & St. Paul MN | Registered: March 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harkrader:
When S&B first became available, and for a number of years after, my employer bought it just for the problems it had. He thought it was the perfect training round to teach recoveries, but it was forbidden for duty. Failure to fire, squibs, key-holing, abysmal accuracy, you name it, S&B exhibited it.

That said, I have been buying it for years, since, because of the low price, and haven't had a problem in, well, years.

Bad batches of anything do escape QC once in a while. Maybe you got one. A friend ordered several thousand rounds of Aguila and found they all lacked powder. It happens.

I bought some 357Sig, don't remember the brand, and every third round or so saw the bullet pushed back into the case as it chambered. I do remember they made it right by replacing it.

I suggest contacting S&B or distributor for replacement.

Buying ammunition that you know Does Not Function Properly is Not a Wise Thing to do.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post