SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Allow me to brag on my newest piece
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allow me to brag on my newest piece Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I picked up an FNX-45 Tac a couple of weeks ago, this is the only FN firearm I’ve shot or owned. It came highly recommended by someone I trust, plus who doesn’t need another home defense piece? Well, I shot it today for the first time....all I can say is WOW. This is the most accurate out of the box handgun I think I’ve shot. The recoil is super soft as well. I have a couple of CZ’s that will shoot this well, but they’ve been massaged by Cajun Gun Works. Shown below is my target at 10yds with the whole box of .45 through it. I think I’ll keep this one!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. I remember the cool FDE model posted here. Comes with a nice carry case for extra mags and a can. You shoot lefty?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
This one came with all the same, three mags and a soft sided carry case. Not a lefty though... thanks David!

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I had a friend who had one. I tried it with super low expectations, it blew my mind.

Great selection!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Glad you're enjoying it.

Now, let's see...

three more magazines, UP-LULA loader, red dot sight, holster for FNX-45 with TLR, suppressor ... Smile

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ I admit I kinda had the same thoughts... especially with a DA trigger pull this heavy. Not an issue though!

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Right?? I need another RMR!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Very nice! Glad you're enjoying it.

Now, let's see...

three more magazines, UP-LULA loader, red dot sight, holster for FNX-45 with TLR, suppressor ... Smile

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Everyone needs another 45 Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol,and great shooting.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Here she is suppressed. I haven’t shot it with the can yet.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It'll be nicer than a 9MM M9A3 with the same can.

Much less nasty blowback to the face.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
dry-fly,
That puppy has a pretty large grip doesn't it? Not good for those with smaller hands or shorter trigger reach, correct?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
dry-fly,
That puppy has a pretty large grip doesn't it? Not good for those with smaller hands or shorter trigger reach, correct?

Nope, its just fine.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of different sized grip panels that help. The larger one is on it in the pics.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
dry-fly,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I picked up an FNX-45 Tac a couple of weeks ago, this is the only FN firearm I’ve shot or owned. It came highly recommended by someone I trust, plus who doesn’t need another home defense piece? Well, I shot it today for the first time....all I can say is WOW. This is the most accurate out of the box handgun I think I’ve shot. The recoil is super soft as well. I have a couple of CZ’s that will shoot this well, but they’ve been massaged by Cajun Gun Works. Shown below is my target at 10yds with the whole box of .45 through it. I think I’ll keep this one!

The FN FNP I have will shoot exactly the same but out to 25 yards. My FNP is the most accurate pistol I own nothing else comes close not my HK's, 1911, Beretta or Sig.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shooting, I wish I could shoot half as good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Honestly, the gun almost does it for you. It’s that accurate

quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Great shooting, I wish I could shoot half as good.

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
one!

Very good acquisition!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post