SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Allow me to brag on my newest piece
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allow me to brag on my newest piece Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for supporting the S.C. economy!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Thanks for supporting the S.C. economy!

Smile

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can this be carried cocked and locked? I am suddenly interested!

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, it can be carried cocked and locked.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yep, you bet

quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Can this be carried cocked and locked? I am suddenly interested!

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new gun!

A four inch group at 30 feet???? Wink

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I accidentally ended up with a FHN FNS-9 last year... these are striker fired.... not a fan.... but you know I have to confess.. it is almost as accurate as my Sig P320 with Romeo sights... in fact I've shot 3"group with it while standing... at 50ft... actually did better at 50 than 25. When I got this pistol (by accident... long story) is when I discovered they were made just down the road from me. I'm planning to go see if they have a factory 2nds store sometime....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Great shooting, I wish I could shoot half as good.

Very nice shooting without doubt ! I've never handled a FN but will when I have a chance.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen those FNs for the last few years and never, ever, bothered to pick one up or look closely at one.

But, this post, and some others I've seen over time, have made me think that maybe, just maybe, I want a handgun other than a Smith, Ruger, Sig or Glock.

They've been almost the only handguns I've owned (well, Colts of course, but not for years), and maybe I'm missing out on something.

FN? Maybe, gotta think about it.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
When I worked at PSA, my FNX and Innovative Arms Shepard were used for the infamous "Silent Night" Billboard.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Nice ad!

Picture of M-Forgery
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. I have a FNX9, the little brother to the .45. It also shoots very well. Congratulations.

"The Hun is either at your throat or at your feet".
Winston Churchill

Posts: 377 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for the first hand experience, I've wondered about the FN handguns.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the FNX45 standard model have the same barrel/accuracy as the tac model, w/o the threads?

Posts: 127 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeptic:
Does the FNX45 standard model have the same barrel/accuracy as the tac model, w/o the threads?

I've had both, as well as a couple FNX-9's over the years. The standard FNX-45 is really fine for most shooters that aren't planning to add a red dot or suppressor. With the Tac you're picking up the different slide, barrel and mags. If you just want the standard model, you'll still have a great 45 for a bit less cash.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post