SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 Grips recommendations.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 Grips recommendations. Login/Join 
posted
What do we like for Beretta 92 grips? My A1 is still factory and the 96 came with the flat Hogue panels. I tend to prefer G10 on my 1911s & Sigs. Never tried aluminum.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're talking range use, Wicked Grips has some beautiful grips for the 92. My Elite II wears the "Wing" grips. I don't use it for carry or home defense.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the thin Wilson Combat grips.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will second the thin Wilson grips. The size of those grips are perfect for my hands.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I like VZ grips on my 92.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The absolute "best" grips for the Beretta 92, are, in my opinion, Trausch nylon/fiberglass ultra-thin grips which literally, in a very positive way, transform the handling of the 92.

Unfortunately, since Jacques Trausch's untimely death several years ago, they're virtually impossible to find...so my default suggestion would be the ultra-thin Wilson/VZ grips (sold by Wilson, VZ and Langdon Tactical); and a strong (albeit slightly thicker) second choice would be Ergo Grips (which have a significantly lower price than the VZ G10 variants).

Best, Jon

Posts: 995 | Location: Auburn, WA USA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been pleased with VZ Golfballs. Very aggressive grips.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta aluminum grips

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I personally like wood grips. I have medium hands and have sanded down grips for the 92 until the circumference is like a CZ. You can do this with G10 or plastic, but it is easier and better looking with wood, and I like the grip it provides.

Not exactly the super tactical choice.

Posts: 1847 | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like VZ tactical slants on my Berettas.

Posts: 83 | Location: Idaho | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robtom:
I like VZ tactical slants on my Berettas.

I will second this. The Tactical Slants are the only grips my 92's wear and they fit my hand perfectly while locking in as if they are made of JB Weld.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alumagrips are nice.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm debating this same question..So far I can't find a set of grips that I consider perfect for me. There are a ton of options however.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Hogue black G-10 Piranha's have been perfect for me.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put some vz golf ball grips on my 92 centurion. Very grippy and look great. Also slightly slimmer than stock grips.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amc,

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe VZ offers thin grips for the 92. They also sell them thru Wilson with WC medallions. I've said before that VZ grips are so grippy, it's hard to drop the gun .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has vz changed their golfball pattern on the 92 grips? It appears to now go higher up the grip than I remember them before. Above the screw holes now.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I like Hogue G10, both checkered and piranha.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any grips by "Cool Hand"? They look interesting.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...+grips+beretta&psc=1

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post