Find
Notify
Tools

X 5 Mags 9mm Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
We are getting some X5s thru the shop these days.

Who has mags for them? 9mm

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen any in a long time. I brought some base pads from TRT Tactical that have worked very well.

http://trt-tac.com/P226-X-Five-magazines_c5.htm

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately genuine SigSauer X5 mags are 'unobtainium' now, and have been for some time.

I use the following Mec-Gar 18 Rd AFC mags w/ the TRT Tactical base pads....It's as close to the SIG factory X5 mag configuration as you can get. Cool

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...p22618afc-p-614.html

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Unfortunately genuine SigSauer X5 mags are 'unobtainium' now, and have been for some time.

I use the following Mec-Gar 18 Rd AFC mags w/ the TRT Tactical base pads....It's as close to the SIG factory X5 mag configuration as you can get. Cool

Why go the difficult route, when you can get the same thing, the already made 18-rd TRT mag as noted in the second post above? Wink

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:

Holy crap!!! $40 for a +2 basepad?? That's insane.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:

Not really, when you consider their 20-rounder, the one with the +2 base, costs only $69. I said "only" because the factory X5 alternative would cost you at least $140 currently. And, they are all Mec-Gar mags.

Q

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Why go the difficult route, when you can get the same thing, the already made 18-rd TRT mag as noted in the second post above? Wink

You make a good point. Complete mags from TRT Tactical can be purchased at no add'l cost to the route I chose purchasing separately. That said, when I was looking for add'l mags for my P226 X5 L1, I purchased the TRT Tactical base plates at the SIG Pro Shop, and already had some of the Mec-Gars I had previously purchased from Greg Cote, so that's all I needed at the time.

Of course I have the luxury of living within driving distance of the SIG Pro Shop, and if I ordered the mags from Greg Cote while still in Exeter, they'd probably be at my house by the time I got home! Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Not really, when you consider their 20-rounder, the one with the +2 base, costs only $69. I said "only" because the factory X5 alternative would cost you at least $140 currently. And, they are all Mec-Gar mags.

Funny thing is, after the last event that had people make a run on magazines. I found a place that was all sold out on regular P226 mags but still had X5 mags in stock so I bought a 20 round X5 mag. I've never used it and it's still sitting in my SIG parts box all minty. If they are worth that much maybe I should trade it off for 6 or 7 Meggar 20 rounders. LOL

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Just FYI - Genuine SIG factory X5 mags are NOT 20 rounders.... Wink

Live Free or Die!

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The x5 magazine is 21 rounds and will fit and function in the x5. The 20 round Tacops has a different baseplate that does not. Sig changed the baseplate a while back to make them interchangeable. The older style can be upgraded with a baseplate such as available from Springer.

Sig has x5 magazines available in the Sig Store.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
The x5 magazine is 21 rounds and will fit and function in the x5...

And, it's not 21 rounder, either. Big Grin

Q

posted Hide Post
There was an auction on GB the other day I was tempted to bid on. It was x4- 17 round mecgar mags with the silver aluminum base pads for $115.00 for all x4 and I didn't know if that was a good deal.Well, that and I don't have a 226.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of X-5 are we talking about? rscalzo says sig has x-5 mags (the ones I want are the original x-5 L1 ones). Those I don't see on the store, nor have I seen them in ages in any other supplier.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
What kind of X-5 are we talking about? rscalzo says sig has x-5 mags (the ones I want are the original x-5 L1 ones). Those I don't see on the store, nor have I seen them in ages in any other supplier.

Oh geez, maybe he was talking about the P320 X5. Roll Eyes

Q

for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine must be a 21 rounder than, I've never put ammo in it. It's deffinately an X5 mag with the great big silver base pad.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mine must be a 21 rounder than, I've never put ammo in it. It's deffinately an X5 mag with the great big silver base pad.

Factory X5 mag (for the 9mm German X-gun) with extended base plate holds 19 rounds (the Mec-Gar mag itself is a 17-rounder, plus 2 from the extended base, making it 19).

Q

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Based on his statement "We are getting some X5s thru the shop these days", I am pretty sure the OP is referring to the P320 X5, as it is unlikely that one shop received a sudden wave of the real P226 X5 (which would have to be trades/pawns these days).

I am also pretty sure that rscalzo was referring to the P320 X5 regarding the 21rd mags being in stock at Sig.

I never thought anybody would ever refer to the P320 X5 as just "X5" as if it was the only one, but here we have seen it twice in one thread!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
No I am not reffering to the plastic fantastic X5s they are making today.

I am indeed talking about the REAL ones.

We are getting them from the guy in Utah.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post