SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Stainless no rail
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Stainless no rail Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4506:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Update: Went back to the store for another look. Although on one side the slide is stamped Exeter, NH, it's stamped Made in Germany on the other.

I believe the slide is nickel plated instead of stainless. The serial# on the frame starts with G. It has dead Trijicons on it and an internal extractor and is DAO.

Is this possibly a problem child with regards to the extractor? Without removing the grips, is there anyway to know if it could be converted to DAK?

ETA:It has the separate breech block.

OK, now everything is clear. This is just an alloy frame, folded carbon steel slide, classic P220. Whether factory original or aftermarket, the slide is nickel plated (most likely), and definitely not stainless. Able to convert this to DAK? I don't think so.

Oh, and there is zero problem with the internal extractor of the folded slide SIGs.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Some holster wear on the frame and 1 mag. Asking price is $585. Too much?

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
$585. Too much?

Yup, too me, it is, unless it is original and comes with everything original. And, even then, it's just ok price.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There were a small pile of DAO, P220, two tone Cop turn in guns a few years back.

Likley one of those.

They were in the 500-550 range then, IIRC.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Did you get back to your office yet 220parts? Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Got sidetracked to the Southwest. Will post as soon as I get back to the old Sig pics file.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Cant wait to see these as I never knew Sig Sauer made them. Did the stainless framed models come about due to the Italy contract you posted? If so, for Military or LE?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
There were a small pile of DAO, P220, two tone Cop turn in guns a few years back.

Likley one of those.

They were in the 500-550 range then, IIRC.

Is it normal for DAO Sigs to have a very audible and tactile false reset? Could it have something to do with this pistol having a spurred hammer?

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
"The 9×21mm pistol cartridge was designed by Israel Military Industries for those markets where military service cartridges, like the 9×19mm Parabellum, are banned by law for civilian use, like in Italy." Initially Sig Sauer sold 7.65 to Italy instead of the 9x19. They later switched to 9x21.

Sig Sauer still produces 9x21 guns primarily for Italy, and for the collector market. I am a bit surprised this subject hasn't been on SF before.

9x21 guns are for sale on many Italian gun sites (P228, P226, P220, P210...)

I know a 228 collector that is busy trying to track one down!!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the info. Some holster wear on the frame and 1 mag. Asking price is $585. Too much?
IIRC, 4506 my two tone P220 DA/SA with spur hammer came from Cabelas. It was beautiful. Gave $650.00 for it. Hope you find one you like.