SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Stainless no rail
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Stainless no rail Login/Join 
posted
Saw one today at my local Cabelas. I've kinda wanted a P220, but every one I've seen has a rail which I don't want.

This one had a stainless slide, NH markings, and was either a DAO or DAK pistol. Can anyone help as to exactly which model this particular 220 is?

Thanks.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Got me curious.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Has there ever been al all stainless P220 without rails? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Or maybe OP's talking stainless slide, alloy frame P220 without rails?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Interesting. Has there ever been al all stainless P220 without rails? I don't recall.

Don't think it was all stainless unless the frame was Nitron over it.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It had a Stainless frame too? If it's just a two tone it's not that rare. I had one in DA/SA like that. A lot of DAO and DAK guns I see lately are CPO's Sig builds from left over new parts and older frames/slides. I think the closest you will get to a fullsize 220 in all Stainless with no rail is the older guns that had the useless 220 sport short rail. Sig put out a couple of frankensigs with those frames.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Factory FrankenSIG, or aftermarket one. Either way, if you have no original box, then just have to call SIG with the serial # and get the info.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4506:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Interesting. Has there ever been al all stainless P220 without rails? I don't recall.

Don't think it was all stainless unless the frame was Nitron over it.
What, exactly, are you saying here?
If it's an alloy frame gun then it's NOT a "P220 Stainless", it's just a regular P220.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has there ever been al all stainless P220 without rails?

To be accurate, yes, but it was a special run P220 Compact.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That 220 is soooo rare. Years ago I hunted and hunted for one, found one at a dealer in Phoenix but he didn't want to bother with shipping it.

As for a full size stainless 220 without a rail, I am skeptical, but I guess it isn't impossible.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To clarify, the pistol has a stainless slide only.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to try to get back over to the store this evening for a better look.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
To clarify, the pistol has a stainless slide only.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to try to get back over to the store this evening for a better look.
Sounds like probably a non-R P220, perhaps an Gen1 SAS since you said it might be DAK?

NRA Benefactor

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I have two stainless frame 220s from Eckernförde - one in 9mm and one in .45.

No rail, no tail... I suspect there are others out there.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220parts:
I have two stainless frame 220s from Eckernförde - one in 9mm...

My envy burns deep...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:

You do? Please post up some pics for us. Those gotta be 2 rare Sigs. Give us some good photos 220parts. Thank you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aren't those the SL pistols that had to be imported though?
I can't picture one of those showing up at a Cabelas...

NRA Benefactor

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Will post them when I get back to my office. They were posted a few years back. That is when I leaned about 9x21 guns built mostly for Italy. Sig was kind enough to add a 9x21 barrel to the 9x19 order.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Went back to the store for another look. Although on the slide is stamped Exeter, NH on one side, it's stamped Made in Germany on the other.

I believe the slide is nickel plated instead of stainless. The serial# on the frame starts with G. It has dead Trijicons on it and an internal extractor and is DAO.

Is this possibly a problem child with regards to the extractor? Without removing the grips, is there anyway to know if it could be converted to DAK?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Update: Went back to the store for another look. Although one the slide is stamped Exeter, NH on one side, it's stamped Made in Germany on the other.

I believe the slide is nickel plated instead of stainless. The serial# on the frame starts with G. It has dead Trijicons on it and an internal extractor and is DAO.

Is this possibly a problem child with regards to the extractor? Without removing the grips, is there anyway to know if it could be converted to DAK?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Update: Went back to the store for another look. Although on one side the slide is stamped Exeter, NH, it's stamped Made in Germany on the other.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Update: Went back to the store for another look. Although on one side the slide is stamped Exeter, NH, it's stamped Made in Germany on the other.

ETA:It has the separate breech block.